Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Hey guys, any updates on the “Gen 2” GPT? I’m thinking of throwing one in a G34 to try out.
    My pair of 'Gen 2' GPTs has been functionally great so far, installed in G17s.

I liked the pull characteristics of the original GPT with dot connector more. The standard unmarked connector in the 'Gen 2' gives it an odd wall just before release, which I dislike.

I could replace the connector, but these now have a specific coating in the GPT. I might give the Overwatch NP3'ed Glock OEM Dot Connector a try. But man Im tired of messing around with triggers in a Glock. Too much fiddling and too little shooting. Tempted to just go back to OEM minus connectors across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    My pair of 'Gen 2' GPTs has been functionally great so far, installed in G17s.

I liked the pull characteristics of the original GPT with dot connector more. The standard unmarked connector in the 'Gen 2' gives it an odd wall just before release, which I dislike.

I could replace the connector, but these now have a specific coating in the GPT. I might give the Overwatch NP3'ed Glock OEM Dot Connector a try. But man Im tired of messing around with triggers in a Glock. Too much fiddling and too little shooting. Tempted to just go back to OEM minus connectors across the board.

Yeah, I also noticed that little hitch on my new GPTs when they are first installed. On my triggers that hitch has gone away with use.

The Overwatch NP3'd connectors paired with their Falx trigger were what I used before the GPTs. I wish Overwatch polished their OEM connectors and trigger bars before NP3 coating. I had 5 Falx triggers and always ended up having to smooth out the machining imperfections in the trigger bar and is so doing eliminated much of the NP3 coating on the contact points. I haven't tried their in-house trigger bars yet, perhaps those are better prepared before NP3 coating. I also used a slightly lighter striker spring and safety plunger spring to help smooth out my Overwatch triggers. I do appreciate being back to full power OEM springs with the GPT.

Quote Originally Posted by zcap View Post
    The GPT releases the striker lug with approximately 0.050" more travel compared to the standard Glock trigger assembly, so all else equal you should be getting stronger primer strikes with the GPT. The extra striker travel combined with the trigger pull not being directly affected by the striker spring weight is one of the benefits of the GPT.

I am guessing there is something else going on, but given the ammo is CCI Blazer who knows. I have a G44 with a GPT installed waiting on a 44X slide that I will run with a red dot. I'll put some heavy use on that soon and report back.
    I may try it again but this 44 has never failed with Blazer. I did try some Automatch and it was horrible. I know in revolvers a DA trigger pull gets just a little more power than with a SA strike. I figured it was the same here but didn’t look at anything, just went back to stock. Hmmm…

I have Task Force ranger flat trigger shoe
    Never regret ..

So I stuck the GPT back in the 44 and noticed the instructions say to oil it. I oiled it and dry firing it seemed to be just as strong as with the original trigger.

I headed out this evening with Remington Golden bullets, Mini Mags and stingers. It worked perfectly with all of those. Decided to try the Blazers again and it worked for 50 rounds. Grabbed a second box and had 3 rounds that fired just weak enough to not fully cycle the action and strip a new round out of the magazine. I don’t know if it was dry, bad ammo or just dumb luck but I shot about 250 rounds into a B8 at 15 yards with maybe 10 out of the black. Way better than I could do with the stock trigger.

I did try some Federal punch in it too and while the 4 or 5 went off, they did not extract and one required a cleaning rod to punch the empty out of the chamber.

I’m very pleased with the setup.

I picked up the GPC 2.0 (74332) and installed it in a G34.5 MOS that has a Trijicon SRO. It brought the trigger weight down from 5.5-6 lbs to 4. There is no way that this would be anything but a gamer gun for me as it is effectively a 1911 without a thumb safety or the possibility of a SCD.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I installed one for a coworker and after approximately 700 rounds, it failed to reset. I took it apart and oiled it and it seems to be good to go. These are sketchy in my opinion.
    **OK**

So here is where I have landed with Glock triggers. I have the new version of the Glock performance trigger and overall it was an improvement from the original. They use a standard connector in the new version, and the trigger safety tab no longer catches when pulled, like it did on the original. It still has the fat trigger shoe, which I am not a fan of. It increases my reach to the trigger which is almost a no go for me with Glock and the GPT. I did like the characteristics of new GPT enough I installed a pre travel adjustment screw in the factory shoe to remove some of the pre travel and at least get the reach back to the same as the factory setup.

I picked up the Timney Alpha and gave it a spin. I used a Glock standard connector and the Johnny Glock extra power return spring. I was quite happy with the setup in general. Pull weights were clocking in at 4.6-4.8 pounds. This is what I consider perfect for a SD/Duty pistols. No issues with light strikes or anything else to note. The trigger shoe fitment on the trigger bar and trigger pin was rather sloppy, loose tolerances, which surprised me considering Timney only builds triggers. Trigger reach was very nice, which is a big plus for me.

I also ordered a Ranger Proof/Johnny Glock Vex trigger shoe for the GPT. The shoe fit the trigger bar and trigger pin perfectly. Very little play, the tolerances are spot on, and after several conversations with Andy at RP and Johnny Glock, tolerances are a big deal with these guys. The better the tolerances, the more precise feeling you will get from a trigger setup. Trigger reach is also perfect with the Vex shoe and GPT. Trigger reach is almost exactly the same as it is with my 320's and flat triggers shoes, I measured them. Trigger pulls are again at the 4.6 range with this setup, with a smooth take-up, distinct wall, sharp break, and perfect reset. IMO this is one of the best combat type trigger setups I have used in a Glock or any other platform.

All the safety systems were engaged and operational with all of these setups. Even though they removed some of the pre travel, the trigger bar did not disengage the striker safety block, or move past the connector housing drop shelf until the trigger was pulled, removing the remaining pre travel. The GPT also has the added tab on the sear to prevent the sear from moving downward unless the trigger bar is pulled fully to the rear. The Timney does not have this feature, but I did beat the crap out of my pistol from multiple angles with a rubber mallet and never had the sear drop or striker fall. Never had a dead trigger during any of these test as well.

Price wise, both the Timney and GPT with Vex are about the same. Performance wise, I prefer the GPT and Vex based on the feel of the entire pull and trigger reach. I returned my Timney and picked up another GPT Vex combo. YMMV.

Timney Alpha

GPT with Vex

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List