Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Anyone with multiple GPTs notice differences among them?
    Kind of. Seems more attributable to where a given GPT is in it's PM interval than something mechanical.

I remember reading that the team Glock members would go thru trigger sets to find sets that suited them and then keep them together as kits.
    Yep, that's been longtime advice. Swap OEM components for the best combo then polish through use.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    These are tempting me. My gen 5 G17 has a rough trigger. I’m thinking this might be a good fix.
    These are good to go as far as reliability?
    I have no input on reliability. Regarding your OEM trigger:
    I had a similar problem. My G5 19 got pretty rough. It seemed to be related to the trigger bar twisting and sliding laterally when it engaged with the FPB ramped surface. I bought a new trigger bar and FPB plunger along with my GPT. The new stock parts feel much better. No idea if they'll develop the same issue over time.

Contrary to a few here, I’ve had good performance/“feels” from just about every one of my personal Glocks. The best standard trigger, to my index fingers is a G26 that is +4 years old and only a few thousand rounds on it. Carried a fair amount, shot less, but it broke in nicely. A 19 and a work G45 have seen the bulk of shooting the past few years.
    Put a Perf. Trigger in the G45MOS. I have not run thousands of rounds through it, and generally follow the factory guidelines. As an example, last week I used it for some demos during remedial training ~100 rounds or so. At the end of the week, it was functioning just fine, but I pulled the slide and put three small drops in the housing area as specified(there’s an image of points earlier in this thread). Didn’t hurt a bit…
    I run the standard Gen 5 configurations for months; will add a drop of lube by connector if it starts to feel gritty. For the Glock PT, if I shot over several hundred rounds in a few days, lube as directed. So it’s a bit more preventative with the new trigger. I should mention on Glocks I routinely shoot, I will do a detail strip&clean/lube at a minimum yearly. This morning, before a dental appointment, I retrieved the 26 to put in an ankle holster(I know, Imma gonna git kilt!), took the top off, blew a little dust out, reassembled and did a few presses to reacquaint myself with trigger and irons. All was/is well.
    I guess all of the rambling is to recommend some attention to what might be used in an emergency. Most here do…

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I often notice differences in trigger feel while dry firing, that seem significant but that aren't obvious live firing. You guys talking dry or live fire?
    In my case, it's both live and dry fire.

Has anyone had time on both the GPT and the full Apex AEK? If so, how do they compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Has anyone had time on both the GPT and the full Apex AEK? If so, how do they compare?
    Apex falls in the middle between a Gen 5 dot and the new performance trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I have no input on reliability. Regarding your OEM trigger:
    I had a similar problem. My G5 19 got pretty rough. It seemed to be related to the trigger bar twisting and sliding laterally when it engaged with the FPB ramped surface. I bought a new trigger bar and FPB plunger along with my GPT. The new stock parts feel much better. No idea if they'll develop the same issue over time.

Are you saying that you replaced the trigger bar on the GPT with a standard Gen5 trigger bar? If so, did it have the same trigger pull as the regular GPT? I don't like the trigger shoe on the GPT and thought about switching it, but didn't know if the pin would walk after "breaking" the plastic to remove and replace the shoes.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Are you saying that you replaced the trigger bar on the GPT with a standard Gen5 trigger bar? If so, did it have the same trigger pull as the regular GPT? I don't like the trigger shoe on the GPT and thought about switching it, but didn't know if the pin would walk after "breaking" the plastic to remove and replace the shoes.

Thanks.
    No, sorry for the lack of clarity. I purchased a GPT and a set of stock replacement parts to try independently of one another. Installing the fresh trigger bar and FPB improved my stock trigger pull considerably.

The GPT has a much better pull, but I'm on the fence about using it in a carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    No, sorry for the lack of clarity. I purchased a GPT and a set of stock replacement parts to try independently of one another. Installing the fresh trigger bar and FPB improved my stock trigger pull considerably.

The GPT has a much better pull, but I'm on the fence about using it in a carry gun.
    Okay, thanks. I was hoping it could be replaced.

Site Supporter
    Installed an Apex shoe on my GPT. Favorite setup now.

https://imgur.com/a/Q1vQa9j

User Tag List