Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    rats, they give me no shipping method available no matter what I put in...tried my work, home, local dealer....they must not want people in AL to have them...
    They do not.
    I have a case here and read of two more on GlockTalk just today. My GSSF RO contact confirms.
    The guy here was able to get his sent to a contact in Tennessee, we are in North Alabama.

They told one that "We would have to get permits to sell them in Alabama." Another heard that it was the inconvenient way that Alabama taxes are set up. The first is BS, the second may be true, but it is strange that other vendors don't get discouraged.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    This doesn't work with SCD, so no-go for me.
    Well crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

They told one that "We would have to get permits to sell them in Alabama." Another heard that it was the inconvenient way that Alabama taxes are set up. The first is BS, the second may be true, but it is strange that other vendors don't get discouraged.
    They are both full of crap, I turned on my Java script tracker and attempted to follow it. What is happening is after the address has been validated (I think they are using one of the Google microservices) they then make an API call to their shipper, Fedex it appears, and it comes back saying we don't deliver there. There is a code error in the API, pure and simple, and the information is not being passed to Fedex correctly for any address in AL and the Fedex API simply replies to their ecommerce vendor's system "we don't go there" and the whole transaction stops because the ecommerce system thinks we are in Albania or some place they don't go. Major software bug.

Glock Smyrna ships parts to AL, I just got a large armorer order.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I just bought one of these to try out. Generally I enjoy my stock Gen 5 Glock triggers and do ok with them performancewise. We'll see how this goes.

ETA: scratch that. I should've read earlier in the thread sooner. This doesn't work with SCD, so no-go for me.
    I bought one too, knowing it doesn't work with SCD.

Plan is to put it in my G45 which gets used for range duty, nightstand, and occasional owb carry. My 19's will keep their OEM triggers + SCD.

Maybe someone here knows more, but I'd sure be interested if an SCD v2 or something could be developed to work with the Glock Performance trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    if an SCD v2 or something could be developed to work with the Glock Performance trigger.
    Highly unlikely because it changes the action to a fully cocked design. Same reason there will never be one for most other striker fired guns. The thing the SCD arrests, the additional rearward travel before it is released, doesn't really happen in GPT.

So to their credit, Glock customer service contacted me today and admitted the problem with shipping to AL is a combination of their ecommerce system, the Fedex system, and the service that provides the sales tax information to their ecommerce system and who knows what. In fact they don't know what or why. They just told me to fill out this form and fax it back and they had a GPT for me....

TEAM GLOCK ORDER FORM.pdf

Amazing how many people never carried Glocks until the SCD.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I am one, and will not without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I’m a big SCD fan but I’m curious what that actual number is. I’ve found that quite often in the gun forum/training community, we often end up in an echo chamber that doesn’t even come close to reflecting the typical concealed carrier and their gear. My guess is the amount of people carrying Glocks with SCDs on them is so minuscule that it might as well be 0 when talking in percentages of people with Glocks.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m a big SCD fan but I’m curious what that actual number is. I’ve found that quite often in the gun forum/training community, we often end up in an echo chamber that doesn’t even come close to reflecting the typical concealed carrier and their gear. My guess is the amount of people carrying Glocks with SCDs on them is so minuscule that it might as well be 0 when talking in percentages of people with Glocks.
    Easily. For every 1 Pistol Forumite with an SCD, there's 20 cops with a Glock in their Safariland and 30 average joes with a Glock in the box in their closet or maybe cheap kydex who have never heard of an SCD.

User Tag List