Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W View Post
    Yes I was able to get back in pretty easily. My bigger concern is with the sluggish reset. I've email Glock warranty on this one and will see if I need to ship it back to the mother ship. My other trigger is flawless so far. The triggers are awesome, and I plan to keep using them without doubt.
    The $64 question is whether this new trigger will be as reliable over higher round counts as the rest of the Gen 5 pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The $64 question is whether this new trigger will be as reliable over higher round counts as the rest of the Gen 5 pistols.
    Very true.... In terms of how they shoot, there is a performance advantage with these triggers, based on my shooting. Hope they hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W View Post
    Yes I was able to get back in pretty easily. My bigger concern is with the sluggish reset. I've email Glock warranty on this one and will see if I need to ship it back to the mother ship. My other trigger is flawless so far. The triggers are awesome, and I plan to keep using them without doubt.
    Same here- these triggers are unreal. I had to throw in my stock trigger group (OEM w/dot connector) to finish up some ammo testing in my 19.5… I was missing my Performance Trigger all day… no comparison.

I got to dry fire a friend's Glock Model 45 with the Glock Performance Trigger installed with a minus connector. It was as good if not better than my Glock with a Timney Trigger. I placed an order for two of the Glock Triggers on backorder and hope they come in before the next series of Indoor GSSF Matches.

I'm following this Glock Performance Trigger (GPT) discussion with interest, though I sold my G19 several years ago.

I found my short fingers combined with the trigger reach and raised safety tab was like a nerve pinch in my trigger finger. The GPT flat-faced trigger is an improvement, but as the GPT sits slightly forward of the standard trigger, it partially nullifies the advantages (for me) of the flat face.

I'd like to have an AK-47-like Glock that I can confidently disassemble, but until then I'll soldier through with a P30S with a manual safety.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Given who these were originally made for, I suspect there are people who know the answer to this. I’ll let you know if I hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Given who these were originally made for, I suspect there are people who know the answer to this. I’ll let you know if I hear anything.
    I'm sure you're right. This is going on several years I think. Should be pretty well vetted.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I don’t follow this guy at all because his gear doesn’t dovetail with what I do, but Johnny Glocks put out a yt video on this trigger and he seems impressed with it in terms of the engineering and safety. He did a part 1 and part 2. The part 2 video was more informative to me.

He tried the dot and plus connectors. He made it sound like the plus connector could make this trigger viable for street carry.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

This morning I shot the Glock Performance trigger side by side with a Johnny Glock competition trigger installed and tuned by JG himself, and I far preferred the OEM trigger without regard to price or logistics (both of which favor the Glock trigger). Hope it works out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    You know Glock has done well with these triggers when I start to wish my M2.0s could have the same trigger characteristics as the GPT trigger.

User Tag List