Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Site Supporter
    Installed the Performance Trigger in my 17 last night. Initially, I didn’t like it as the wall was too soft. I have a JG plus connector laying around so I swapped that in. Now I have a VERY hard wall and a 6lb break with absolutely zero creep. It’s a little too stout now. I’m going to order one of JG’s 5.5 connectors and see where I land.

Has anyone tried adding Johnny Glocks return spring to the Timney Alphas? He claims they are a pound stronger and make the timney more reliable. I wonder if this modification would change some people’s minds on the timney over the new Glock performance trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior45 View Post
    Has anyone tried adding Johnny Glocks return spring to the Timney Alphas? He claims they are a pound stronger and make the timney more reliable. I wonder if this modification would change some people’s minds on the timney over the new Glock performance trigger.
    Based on this post earlier in the thread, you can see the hook that the sear has that prevents sear movement without the trigger being pulled. From a mechanical standpoint, that means it's safer than the Timney trigger.

Additionally, based on pictures alone, it appears the trigger return spring on the Glock performance unit is larger in diameter and more substantial than the Timney sear spring. The Timney sear spring is pretty darn small, which may or may not be an issue. IMO, a larger diameter spring with thicker coils does tend to add confidence that it's more robust.

As a side note, when I disassembled my Timney trigger and took measurements of the sear spring, I found it very difficult to find any industrial spring providers that offered off the shelf options of similar dimensions in different spring rates. This seems typical considering the puny size of the spring. Something a bit larger should be considerably easier to find in different rates on the market, making modification much easier. All my speculation based on pics of the Glock performance unit alone.

Bottom line, the Glock unit has one additional safety feature and one fewer spring. I see that as a plus.

Anyone try this in a G44?

Just got mine and installed in glock 19, much improved over my stock trigger with apex connector. I will shoot it this weekend. Anyone know if this is IDPA legal for CO?

I almost had one today. I called the local Glock dealer and asked if they had any Glock performance triggers and they said they have 1.

I get there and he pulls out an Apex trigger 🙍*♂️🫤

I don't have any Gen 5's but I'm still wondering if removing most of the tab from an SCD would allow it to still function properly. Obviously most, if not all, of the safe travel would be removed from the flap but it might still work if it was held down firmly.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I don't have any Gen 5's but I'm still wondering if removing most of the tab from an SCD would allow it to still function properly. Obviously most, if not all, of the safe travel would be removed from the flap but it might still work if it was held down firmly.
    If the striker is fully cocked it won’t work. The scd arrests striker travel prior to release. There’s no there there.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Just got mine and installed in glock 19, much improved over my stock trigger with apex connector. I will shoot it this weekend. Anyone know if this is IDPA legal for CO?
    Not IDPA, but GSSF (Facebook Page) announced that the new The GLOCK Performance Trigger can be used in all divisions in the following pistols: G19 Gen5/MOS, G17 Gen5/MOS, G19X, G26 Gen5, G34 Gen5/MOS, G45/MOS, and G47 MOS only.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    If the striker is fully cocked it won’t work. The scd arrests striker travel prior to release. There’s no there there.
    I believe you are correct, but a control device to arrest rearward travel of the trigger bar would have the same function. I'm absolutely not an expert, but if you skip to about 1:10 in this TFBTV video linked below, it's difficult for me to see how a SCD-equivalent could be made to work with this trigger. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to be wrong.

EDIT: After carefully looking at Texaspoff's pictures, I decided to give one a try. Glockstore.com has the triggers for MSRP.
    Last edited by pangloss; 01-18-2023 at 09:58 PM.

User Tag List