Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Plenty of ADs have happened with Glock NY triggers and even revolvers. Hard to overcome stress and stupidity sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly right. When stress and adrenaline is added to the equation, trigger weight is almost irrelevant.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I put a few hundred rounds through it yesterday and really like it so far. It is extremely forgiving, and I found times where I would have called a bad shot with a stock trigger, this one still put the shots on target. This isn’t the best Glock trigger I’ve ever felt, but I have always valued reliability over chasing a ridiculously light/short trigger pull. My competition guns get a 5# striker spring, an oem minus connector, an extra power trigger return spring, and a lighter plunger spring. This trigger is much better than that setup though, while hopefully being just as reliable.

Also, you can’t compare just trigger pull weight. While this trigger isn’t much lighter, it is a lot smoother through the break, which is important shooting accurately at speed.

Fwiw, I’ve steered clear of Timney’s because I’ve seen several catastrophic failures with them in the middle of matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Why does this test matter? When does that scenario ever occur when shooting? (Serious question, not being a butt)
    There are all kinds of situations that may bump your gun out of battery or slow down your slide movement while shooting, from contact with your hands, gloves, clothing (in a retention shooting situation), leaning against a barrier, etc. I don’t want something to slightly bump my gun out of battery and then not be able to shoot because the recoil spring doesn’t put the slide all the way back in battery.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Frankly, for someone without trigger discipline, no Glock is a great pistol. The 8/10 at 40 yards might not be exactly what happened, but that is in no way meant to diminish his performance!
    You're probably right. Sorry, I just bought an HK45 LEM so at this point I'm reading Darryl Bolke articles, practicing German and thinking about the best "street trigger" lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    You're probably right. Sorry, I just bought an HK45 LEM so at this point I'm reading Darryl Bolke articles, practicing German and thinking about the best "street trigger" lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I am shooting with Darryl tomorrow. These days, he is pretty much a .22 revolver in his pocket and some member of the 365 family in his waist band.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I put a few hundred rounds through it yesterday and really like it so far. It is extremely forgiving, and I found times where I would have called a bad shot with a stock trigger, this one still put the shots on target. This isn’t the best Glock trigger I’ve ever felt, but I have always valued reliability over chasing a ridiculously light/short trigger pull. My competition guns get a 5# striker spring, an oem minus connector, an extra power trigger return spring, and a lighter plunger spring. This trigger is much better than that setup though, while hopefully being just as reliable.

Also, you can’t compare just trigger pull weight. While this trigger isn’t much lighter, it is a lot smoother through the break, which is important shooting accurately at speed.

Fwiw, I’ve steered clear of Timney’s because I’ve seen several catastrophic failures with them in the middle of matches.
    I gave my Timney triggers away. For 300 rounds they felt like the best Glock trigger I had shot, and then became unreliable.

Site Supporter
    I am shooting with Darryl tomorrow. These days, he is pretty much a .22 revolver in his pocket and some member of the 365 family in his waist band.
    Be sure to let him try this new Glock trigger!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Be sure to let him try this new Glock trigger!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    He is planning on a Glock 47 with this trigger in the near future.

I gave my Timney triggers away. For 300 rounds they felt like the best Glock trigger I had shot, and then became unreliable.
    I have to keep my timneys pretty clean and they're good for at least 500 rounds (lol I know)

With the timney I put a small amount grease on the part of the connector that contacts the trigger bar.

Are you applying anything to the performance trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I have to keep my timneys pretty clean and they're good for at least 500 rounds (lol I know)

With the timney I put a small amount grease on the part of the connector that contacts the trigger bar.

Are you applying anything to the performance trigger?
    I don't know about GJM, but I have only put a drop of Slip2000 on the connector at the trigger bar interface. I haven't put anything anywhere else. The trigger bar does slide along a small portion of the sear assembly, but I didn't want to put anything there and let it wear in.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List