Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not buying it. Twenty percent more net worth means a lot if it belongs to Jeff Bezos, to many people not so much. It is .5 to a pound -- do you think half a pound to a pound matters if you have a shirt tail in your holster, you have a startle response, or are trigger checking? Google tells me that the average male has a grip strength of 72 pounds and 20-29 year old has about 100 pounds. Think 8-16 ounces is meaningful?
    I mentioned the FN 510 trigger I dry fired and measured while doing the same with my MOS G19. Both scaled 6lbs over and over no matter how I tried to find a lighter angle. Yet I'd have judged intuitively the 510 might have been 4.5 it felt so much lighter. Maybe cause I didn't perceive any "wall" whatsoever. I've not had good luck with other platforms similarly discerning a pound different than what they measured.

But take that with a grain of salt as I've never really perceived over travel either and may be a trigger moron.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I get pre travel and total trigger travel as possibly being helpful in avoiding an ND. I don't understand how a pound plus or minus of trigger weight is going to make a difference.
    It doesn't, it's a misconception. When adrenaline takes over in a high stress situation, you won't be able to tell the difference between a 8 pound or 2 pound trigger pull.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

As this thread has developed, I am noticing some obvious trends. In the camp of those that like this new trigger, it includes everybody that has shot one. In terms of those that don't like this trigger, it seems like it is people that don't regularly carry and shoot a Glock, those that are invested in Gen 3 and 4 pistols, and my friends like YVK who love to troll me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Is it more like a 1911 trigger? I actually found the creepiness/sponginess of the Glock minus connector easier for me to shoot. In that it kept the release unpredictable to my brain. 1911 triggers with clearly predictable breaks lead to a little flinching on my part. It sounds crazy but I shoot the worse, spongier, longer DA type triggers better in many cases.

Either way, this trigger may prompt the experimentor in me enough to get out and shoot!
    I humbly request the mallet test protocol!

Someone refresh my memory, but is there a fully-tensioned striker pistol that doesn't have striker release or drop safe problems? I can't think of any dirt on the M&P or APX.

Site Supporter
    Not buying it. Twenty percent more net worth means a lot if it belongs to Jeff Bezos, to many people not so much. It is .5 to a pound -- do you think half a pound to a pound matters if you have a shirt tail in your holster, you have a startle response, or are trigger checking? Google tells me that the average male has a grip strength of 72 pounds and 20-29 year old has about 100 pounds. Think 8-16 ounces is meaningful?
    Well...it's meaningful from a "this is easier to shoot" point of view.

Meaning it is easier to shoot.

I'm not worried about the drop safety, they've probably got that sorted.

I'm less worried about the shirt tail in my holster bit, because I carried a gen 5 for a while and generally ingrained a strong sense of holster safety.

I'm worried about the 4lb trigger in the hands of someone with little to zero trigger discipline who has never tried moving or thinking with a gun in their hand and is suddenly flooded with stress, fear and panic.

As for wanting a high performance trigger for long or difficult shots...well I think we've already established that a man can go 8/10 at 40 yards with a stock Glock.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Well...it's meaningful from a "this is easier to shoot" point of view.

Meaning it is easier to shoot.

I'm not worried about the drop safety, they've probably got that sorted.

I'm less worried about the shirt tail in my holster bit, because I carried a gen 5 for a while and generally ingrained a strong sense of holster safety.

I'm worried about the 4lb trigger in the hands of someone with little to zero trigger discipline who has never tried moving or thinking with a gun in their hand and is suddenly flooded with stress, fear and panic.

As for wanting a high performance trigger for long or difficult shots...well I think we've already established that a man can go 8/10 at 40 yards with a stock Glock.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Frankly, for someone without trigger discipline, no Glock is a great pistol. The 8/10 at 40 yards might not be exactly what happened, but that is in no way meant to diminish his performance!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My LGS is going to stock them and I'll probably be able to dry fire one they'll install in one of their own. But I'm sure I'll buy one to give it a go.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Plenty of ADs have happened with Glock NY triggers and even revolvers. Hard to overcome stress and stupidity sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I humbly request the mallet test protocol!

Someone refresh my memory, but is there a fully-tensioned striker pistol that doesn't have striker release or drop safe problems? I can't think of any dirt on the M&P or APX.
    It hasn't been out long enough for anyone to report any, but I can tell you from it's design, it seems mechanically impossible for it to fail from a drop.

It is at least as drop safe as the standard Glock trigger if not more so as it has a secondary safety added in to prevent the sear from releasing the striker in the event of a drop.

Here is the ledge, circled in red, on the connector housing that is present on the Performance trigger, just like on the standard. This prevents the trigger bar for moving down in the event of a drop. On the standard glock trigger, the trigger bar is holding the striker, and this prevents it from moving downward, releasing the striker. On the performance trigger is does the same, keeping the trigger bar from moving downward in the event of a drop.

This is a C shaped tab on the sear assembly of the performance trigger, circled in red, that hooks around the trigger bar when the trigger bar is in it's forward position. With the trigger bar forward, it is sitting on the ledge listed above, and cannot move downward. The C shaped tab on the sear housing is hooked on the trigger bar, preventing the sear from moving downward until the trigger bar is moved rearward clearing the C shaped tab allowing the sear to move down, and release the striker. IMO this is a solid and very safe system, again at least as safe as the standard glock trigger, and much safer than most other designs.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 01-18-2023 at 10:00 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

As this thread has developed, I am noticing some obvious trends. In the camp of those that like this new trigger, it includes everybody that has shot one. In terms of those that don't like this trigger, it seems like it is people that don't regularly carry and shoot a Glock, those that are invested in Gen 3 and 4 pistols, and my friends like YVK who love to troll me.

Whether it is the 2011s or new Glock triggers, I enjoy them vicariously through my friends who are contributing to a shooting community several fold more than I am. So, I'll go on the record of saying that I love Atlas Athena and I totally love the new performance trigger from Glock.
    That out, heavier triggers have higher margins of safety than lighter triggers.
    Ability to accept the Gadget has been one of the things that separated Glock from also-runs for many of us.
    All of the above are independent statements that are true.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List