Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post

*After you do a dry trigger press, the trigger still articulates back and forth against the resistance of the return spring. This makes it outstanding for dry fire and may be one of the primary reasons I want to use it in my competition gun.
    That is pretty interesting. If street prices come down near $75ish... I might have to dip my toe in. I will admit, being 100% in on SCD's for AIWB, I'm pretty torn on wanting/not wanting to give this trigger a go. I'm afraid if I like it, I want one in every Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I get pre travel and total trigger travel as possibly being helpful in avoiding an ND. I don't understand how a pound plus or minus of trigger weight is going to make a difference.
    That pound is a 20% relative difference. Why is 20% relative difference in life expectancy, IQ, or net wealth is significant but in trigger pull it isn't?
    In a recent discussion about the VP9 we learned that German police mandates not only longer distances but also a heavier weight.
    It is kind of the same thing that is seen in 1911s. When I got into them, the accepted duty weight was 4.5 to 5. I remember seeing custom builds sheets with those numbers. Now WC and such ship them out with 3.5 from factory.
    I think the answer is that 1 extra pound is, give or take, 20% extra margin for an unintended trigger contact. Maybe it is significant, maybe not.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    I get pre travel and total trigger travel as possibly being helpful in avoiding an ND. I don't understand how a pound plus or minus of trigger weight is going to make a difference.
    I agree. I don’t see how this trigger is any less safe than a stock Gen 5 trigger. Plenty of studies have shown that a “sympathetic reflex” trigger pull would still happen even with a ridiculously heavy trigger. We are way past using a heavy trigger to prevent ND’s. Keeping your finger off the trigger does.

For me, it has nothing to do with the trigger pull - this sounds delightful. It’s all about reholstering and the inability to take a SCD.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    That pound is a 20% relative difference. Why is 20% relative difference in life expectancy, IQ, or net wealth is significant but in trigger pull it isn't?
    In a recent discussion about the VP9 we learned that German police mandates not only longer distances but also a heavier weight.
    It is kind of the same thing that is seen in 1911s. When I got into them, the accepted duty weight was 4.5 to 5. I remember seeing custom builds sheets with those numbers. Now WC and such ship them out with 3.5 from factory.
    I think the answer is that 1 extra pound is, give or take, 20% extra margin for an unintended trigger contact. Maybe it is significant, maybe not.
    Not buying it. Twenty percent more net worth means a lot if it belongs to Jeff Bezos, to many people not so much. It is .5 to a pound -- do you think half a pound to a pound matters if you have a shirt tail in your holster, you have a startle response, or are trigger checking? Google tells me that the average male has a grip strength of 72 pounds and 20-29 year old has about 100 pounds. Think 8-16 ounces is meaningful?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    For me, it has nothing to do with the trigger pull - this sounds delightful. It’s all about reholstering and the inability to take a SCD.
    That is (in combination with AIWB) my #1 reason to not carry this trigger. I'm intrigued by the positive remarks so far from folks here though. Enough so that I'll probably get around to trying one, if just for a "fun" gun, and not for carry.

Think 8-16 ounces is meaningful?
    I think so, I just can't tell the odds. Quantity has a quality of its own, whether length of travel, pull weight, or combination thereof. Look at it this way: it seems that 8-16 oz, going down, are meaningful in making this thing more shootable. Why then they are not meaningful, going up, in giving it a higher margins of safety against certain things? I am not talking about full on trigger presses by able-bodied shooters but like subconscious trigger checks, gear contact etc.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I’d be willing to carry a gun with this trigger AIWB since it sounds like it leave all safeties intact. I would prefer to carry a Glock with an SCD over one without but I can’t install an SCD in my work approved guns anyway. Only my Glocks that I don’t actually carry have SCDs installed. It doesn’t sound like this trigger is any less safe than the regular trigger other than the lack of compatibility with the SCD. I don’t see how taking a half pound off a five pound trigger is hugely detrimental to safety, especially if trigger travel distance hasn’t changed, only the feel- characteristics of the trigger pull. I’ve said that I’m not interested in it but the reason I said that is that this trigger is not approved for my work guns. I wouldn’t be able to have it installed in the guns that I might have to count on. It’s not because I think it’s unsafe.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    All this SCD talk has me wondering how I haven’t killed myself in the streetz daily carrying Glocks without them for almost 2 decades.

When carrying AIWB or at 4:00 *I* would rather have a *good* standard Glock OEM trigger that breaks around 4.5 lbs and is SCD compatible than this new OEM Performance trigger that is not SCD compatible. My concerns are really only when I would be when reholstering the pistol.

IMHO, there are pro’s and con’s with about everything and no action type, SCD or manual thumb safety are an absolute guarantee that you will not have an ND when reholstering the pistol, but with training they can tip the odds in your favor that you don’t have one. I’ve carried Glock’s AIWB in the past with no SCD and it was not something I feared doing but these days *I* like to have the option of a SCD or manual thumb safety on my striker pistols.

I’m 71, in decent shape physically and mentally (my wife may not agree with me on the last one though), but I do find myself forgetting where I put my glasses maybe two or three times a week. I can live with that, but forgetting to keep my finger off the trigger while reholstering the pistol I might not. One mistake could be your last. IMHO, just choose what *you* feel is right for you, because it is your choice.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-18-2023 at 01:39 AM.

User Tag List