Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    It was posted on another forum, that the Performance trigger was in fact manufactured by Timney for Glock. That would explain quite a bit.

TXPO
    Do you think Glock would allow Timney, or any outside company, manufacture their fire control system?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Post 106, in this Glocktalk thread has the post tying Timney to Glock:
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gl...#post-31810840

No source was listed for the pic/screen-shot, however, making the post's info questionable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Post 106, in this Glocktalk thread has the post tying Timney to Glock:
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gl...#post-31810840

No source was listed for the pic/screen-shot, however, making the post's info questionable.
    I have to imagine that the listing was incorrect. I can’t imagine Timney making this thing for glock.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I wouldn't say it is better than a M&P Apex FSS or PDP trigger, but it definitely makes the Glock more capable.
    This is a huge quantifier for me. The PDP and a flat Apex FSS (with Apex barrel) are my two favorite striker-fired triggers aside from a Glock Timney Alpha. I truly feel confident I cannot miss with these 3 triggers *but* I wouldn't carry the Glock Timney.

That may change if this OEM turns into the new factory stock trigger later down the line. Now just debating if I wanna give this a shot and pull the trigger when it comes back in stock to play with in my G34.

EDIT: Puns not intended
    Last edited by coN; 01-15-2023 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Noticed cringe inducing puns

Fully cocked, 3.5lbs, no SCD, no manual safety. Am I the only one that this kind of scares the shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Fully cocked, 3.5lbs, no SCD, no manual safety. Am I the only one that this kind of scares the shit out of?
    Why does it scare you? Gen 5s already have a 5lb trigger. It still has a blade safety and all the other safeties to keep a striker from reaching a primer without a trigger pull.

Glocks don’t need a SCD or manual safety.

Are you referencing a 320 or a PDP or an M&P or a 365 or a VP9 or a P10?

The difference tween 3.5 and 5 in a stressful situation is irrelevant

Can only imagine the peeps that buy one of the above and put a box of “flawless” rounds through it and load it and put it in the sock drawer with out a holster and then grab it three years later when they hear a bump and put their finger in the trigger guard and go investigate

Yes scary

I can only speak for myself but my Apex M&P meets that spec (has a slightly heavier pull) but it has earned my full confidence. Not only because I have over 7k trouble free rounds through it, but I was in a rollover and the car did 5 full rotations before we landed upright.

Her Shield had one of those kydex trigger guard holsters so she could pocket carry, i had the full size M&P in OWB @ 3 o'clock. I was in the passenger side so the gun was banged up hard each time we hit the ground. When EMS came, while the holster completely cracked the trigger guard was still covered and while taking that abuse, neither gun fired, and it was being jostled around HARD. It's gonna take some time to see if this new Glock trigger meets the same standard as the factory one because as someone stated in this thread earlier, (im paraphrasing here) the safety record of Glock is now at square one with this new trigger.

I guess I typed up all that to just say...

TL;DR Version: Nah it doesn't scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    This is a huge quantifier for me. The PDP and a flat Apex FSS (with Apex barrel) are my two favorite striker-fired triggers aside from a Glock Timney Alpha. I truly feel confident I cannot miss with these 3 triggers *but* I wouldn't carry the Glock Timney.

That may change if this OEM turns into the new factory stock trigger later down the line. Now just debating if I wanna give this a shot and pull the trigger when it comes back in stock to play with in my G34.

EDIT: Puns not intended
    I have no reservations about carrying my Glock with the Performance/Timney trigger in it. This designs resolves all the original Timney issues, and I don't think it could get much more Glock. I suspect they are manufacturing it in house, Timeny just developed the design for them.

Something I have also been wondering. Glock doesn't design and release anything in a hurry. I wonder if Glock approached Timney with this project before Timney released their version, and Glock and Timney struck up some kind of deal. Glock pays Timeny for all the R&D, and allows Timney to develop their own Glock trigger. The patent argument may be the other way around.

Either way, the Glock version does address the shortcomings of the original Timney Design, and I have no issues whatsoever about carrying it. As I stated before, with the current state of affairs involving ND incidents, I highly doubt Glock would release anything that could put them in the same light as the 320.

Looks pretty Glock like to me.

From a liability standpoint it's GTG as well. Glock is peddling it, and there is no disclaimer of being for competition use only. I also find it interested that I have heard from more than one source, this may have been developed for some FBI SRT unit. One of my administrators is at the NA currently and he is trying to verify that information, directly from the horses mouth if you will.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    Are these in stock anywhere?
    Found them in-stock!

https://store.teamglock.com/glock-pe...315.1673230103

User Tag List