Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    I don’t get the fretting about Glock striker (firing pin) springs all of the sudden? It’s the same spring that Glock has always used. I’m sure it will last just as many cycles as it always has. I don’t see or hear of many broken or worn out factory striker springs.
    Not to mention they're like $5. Not even an issue worth worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    I don’t get the fretting about Glock striker (firing pin) springs all of the sudden? It’s the same spring that Glock has always used. I’m sure it will last just as many cycles as it always has. I don’t see or hear of many broken or worn out factory striker springs.
    A guy asked if since it was preloaded more by the PT it would be more stressed, a reasonable question. Some guy eventually said it would not based on a bunch of very parallel experiences.
    Ignore Alien Orders

So ... great item, understand, follow, and admire the design, and would buy one yesterday if I'd a Gen5 9mm...

... but that's my only hitch. Of all Glocks the Gen5 9mms would be the last ones that _need_ a better trigger. No version for the 40/45/10mm Gen5s? For slimline series (which really need it IMO)? For prior generations with the old 's' trigger springs?

That said great work Glock. I'm sure this issue has been an internal burr under the saddle for years and both taking the time to see where other designs could be bettered, and then engineering the original "safe action" marketing meme into reality in a true improvement deserves high praise.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    A guy asked if since it was preloaded more by the PT it would be more stressed, a reasonable question. Some guy eventually said it would not based on a bunch of very parallel experiences.
    Properly designed and manufactured springs operating within their design parameters wear out by cycles not by compression……as has has been noted many times, in previous threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Properly designed and manufactured springs operating within their design parameters wear out by cycles not by compression……as has has been noted many times, in previous threads.
    Yes, but the cycle is different. It was a reasonable question, and if I didn’t have a lot of data I might have said I don’t know.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I shot my first club match with this trigger today. Overall, I’m still very impressed and happy with it. Again, not the best Glock trigger I’ve ever felt, but extremely forgiving, especially when prepping the trigger and hitting tight partials or small steel. I’ll take something safe and reliable like this over trying to eke out a slightly nicer feel at the expense of either one of those.

Here’s some video.

Stage 1: 14A/3C
    Stage 2: 23A/2C

Really did the change in cadence on the partials in the second video!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    So ... great item, understand, follow, and admire the design, and would buy one yesterday if I'd a Gen5 9mm...

... but that's my only hitch. Of all Glocks the Gen5 9mms would be the last ones that _need_ a better trigger. No version for the 40/45/10mm Gen5s? For slimline series (which really need it IMO)? For prior generations with the old 's' trigger springs?

That said great work Glock. I'm sure this issue has been an internal burr under the saddle for years and both taking the time to see where other designs could be bettered, and then engineering the original "safe action" marketing meme into reality in a true improvement deserves high praise.
    The Gen5 triggers have a tendency to go bad (really bad) pretty quickly. If this fixes that, it will be a GAME CHANGER.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Really did the change in cadence on the partials in the second video!
    Meant to say "really enjoyed the change in cadence....."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just installed mine. Not gonna lie, my highly polished overwatch precision felt cleaner. Lots of grittiness and creep with the Glock and the wall doesn't feel very defined. Might try some higher weight connectors, hmm.

Edit: Swapped to a regular (non-dot) connector and the wall and break feels a bit better. Still more creep than my overwatch though, which I did not expect tbh.
    Last edited by kitten_frenzy; 01-22-2023 at 05:16 PM.

User Tag List