Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Do you care more about the shape/feel of the trigger shoe, or the weight/travel/feel of the wall (or lack thereof) and crisp vs rolling break?
    I am not as particular as some when it comes to triggers which is probably why I'm OK with Gen 5 trigger. But all this talk about easier low percentage shots got me excited.

If I had to pick perfect trigger characteristics it would be the equivalent of a Geissele G2S/SSA trigger. Smooth take up with no stacking, hit a discernable wall but the break is not noticably (or any) heavier than the rest of pull, no creep, and I also don't feel any overtravel. Gen 3 with 5.5 connector was (to borrow a term from here) a staple gun. I don't like it - a little too heavy of a take up and with stacking with an even harder wall. Gen 3 with minus was a bit too much of a surprise rolling break. The Gen 5 is a pretty good trigger - just a little too much creep when you get to the "wall" which is probably right in between having a wall and a rolling break which I don't find too offensive. I would not want less of a wall than a Gen 5. I also prefer minimal to no overtravel if I can get it. No preference on trigger shoe except I don't like serrated g19 shoe - smooth g17 version all the way. If I had to be picky I think that's the ticket - at least for me.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 09-10-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I am not as particular as some when it comes to triggers which is probably why I'm OK with Gen 5 trigger. But all this talk about easier low percentage shots got me excited.

If I had to pick perfect trigger characteristics it would be the equivalent of a Geissele G2S/SSA trigger. Smooth take up with no stacking, hit a discernable wall but the break is not noticably (or any) heavier than the rest of pull, no creep, and I also don't feel any overtravel. Gen 3 with 5.5 connector was (to borrow a term from here) a staple gun. I don't like it - a little too heavy of a take up and with stacking with an even harder wall. Gen 3 with minus was a bit too much of a surprise rolling break. The Gen 5 is a pretty good trigger - just a little too much creep when you get to the "wall" which is probably right in between having a wall and a rolling break which I don't find too offensive. I would not want less of a wall than a Gen 5. I also prefer minimal to no overtravel if I can get it. No preference on trigger shoe except I don't like serrated g19 shoe - smooth g17 version all the way. If I had to be picky I think that's the ticket - at least for me.
    I just pulled out my gen 3 17 with dot connector. It has an interesting trigger pull. Take up with discernable wall with the least creep and over travel of all my Glocks. The wall is a slightly heavier than I would ideally like but overall it's not terrible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just pulled out my gen 3 17 with dot connector. It has an interesting trigger pull. Take up with discernable wall with the least creep and over travel of all my Glocks. The wall is a slightly heavier than I would ideally like but overall it's not terrible.
    That sounds a lot like the Gen 5 G19 I recently bought. It's not bad at all as is.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone else’s seen catastrophic failure of the GPT ?

Trigger below belongs to a shooting acquaintance. Failure occurred after 4k rounds during which the gun was cleaned sn lubed regularly.

Name:  IMG_5528.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  48.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5529.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5530.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  25.9 KB

GPT failure

I ran a 5k biathlon yesterday and carried my 19.5 MOS with GPT.

Part of the course had me submerged up to my belly in dirty brackish water. The stage after that I noticed sluggish reset on the trigger.

Not long after that I had to do a low crawl through sandy dirt. The gun didn't look particularly dirty but enough grit entered the action that the trigger would not reset. I was able to manually push the trigger forward to reset sometimes. Other times I had to rack the slide.

The pistol was carried in a 7TS ALS holster, mid ride.

ETA:
    I tried flushing the pistol with my bottle of water while on the course(slide lock, dump water into the back of the gun). No improvement.

After the race I pulled the slide and flushed the frame with a garden hose. This improved things but the trigger still had a sluggish reset and wouldn't return fully forw6under it's own power.

Ultimately I had to detail strip the gun and wipe down the trigger bar, connector, locking block, and slide release with a towel. I then re-lubed and it's back to 100%

Pretty bad experience overall. I've run tons of these races with Gen3, 4, and 5 19s with only a minus connector and never had an issue. I've also had the guns in much worse conditions.

It's obvious the GPT is extremely sensitive to dirt and grit. I'll be removing mine and going back to a standard style trigger.
    Last edited by littlejerry; 12-10-2023 at 08:39 AM.

I have x5 gpt, rd cts on each vary, training guns~5.5k carry, much much less. I perform normal cleaning/lubrication on pistols and triggers using slip 2000 ewl. So far I have noticed no degradation or have had any issues. Granted I don’t abuse pistols, they get hasty cleaning after each range session. On my lymon gauge all are pulling 4.25-4.5 lbs. All in all I’m happy with them and my scores and times have improved since using them.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I ran a 5k biathlon yesterday and carried my 19.5 MOS with GPT.

Part of the course had me submerged up to my belly in dirty brackish water. The stage after that I noticed sluggish reset on the trigger.

Not long after that I had to do a low crawl through sandy dirt. The gun didn't look particularly dirty but enough grit entered the action that the trigger would not reset. I was able to manually push the trigger forward to reset sometimes. Other times I had to rack the slide.

The pistol was carried in a 7TS ALS holster, mid ride.

ETA:
    I tried flushing the pistol with my bottle of water while on the course(slide lock, dump water into the back of the gun). No improvement.

After the race I pulled the slide and flushed the frame with a garden hose. This improved things but the trigger still had a sluggish reset and wouldn't return fully forw6under it's own power.

Ultimately I had to detail strip the gun and wipe down the trigger bar, connector, locking block, and slide release with a towel. I then re-lubed and it's back to 100%

Pretty bad experience overall. I've run tons of these races with Gen3, 4, and 5 19s with only a minus connector and never had an issue. I've also had the guns in much worse conditions.

It's obvious the GPT is extremely sensitive to dirt and grit. I'll be removing mine and going back to a standard style trigger.
    This is the definitive post on the subject for me. My brain has now filed the GPT under "competition gun only" and I'm going to investigate Overwatch Precision triggers for most of my Glocks.

Thanks for all this info gentlemen...

IMO it goes into the "competition gun" category.

Site Supporter
    Just picked one up, what a difference. Didn't think I needed it until I tried it. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Thanks for all this info gentlemen...

IMO it goes into the "competition gun" category.
    That was the consensus at the last armorer's course.

Imagine a room full of experienced gun carriers, all cringing at the thought of that as a duty trigger.

User Tag List