Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

In stock now at Primary Arms for $79.99 ($75 if you qualify for good-guy pricing).

I bought one directly from Glock when they came back in stock last month, and installed it in a G17 this afternoon. Yes. Immediately yes. This is the closest I've been able to get my Glock to my Gray Guns VP9 triggers that I love so much. Minimal takeup compared to the GG VP9, though the wall on the GPT is much less distinct than on the GG VP9, and overtravel is about the same. Definitely prefer this to the Apex kits I was using, and I've already ordered two more to go in my other two G17s. Live fire tomorrow, hopefully, but I can already tell this is going to be a winner. Not super concerned about the cleaning requirements as I don't shoot that much these days. I do wish it was SCD-compatible, but I was comfortable carrying VP9s AIWB without a gadget for years, so not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    FWIW, I have some buddies that went through Glock armorer and RDS instructor classes this week. They were told that Glock does not recommend the performance trigger for LE and .mil use because of increased maintenance requirements to prevent the trigger from failing to reset after 1,000 rounds or so.
    I just got my second one yesterday, and I don’t remember this on the first one (but I may have overlooked it):
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I just got my second one yesterday, and I don’t remember this on the first one (but I may have overlooked it):
    Yeah, that wasn’t on the initial run.

The Glock performance trigger I have shot the most developed a noticeable and undesirable amount of creep. I switched it to another frame which also has a performance trigger, and the creep followed the particular performance trigger, and the "good" performance trigger was good in the other frame.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Glock performance trigger I have shot the most developed a noticeable and undesirable amount of creep. I switched it to another frame which also has a performance trigger, and the creep followed the particular performance trigger, and the "good" performance trigger was good in the other frame.
    That's not good! Hopefully it's an isolated issue. Have you tried swapping out the connector?

I still say Glock should offer these with the DLC coating they have on the internals of the M(?) pistols for the government.

Should have probably read through this thread before buying one of these. Oh well. At $67, I guess if I don’t like it I can just sell it.

Don’t like the idea of “upgrading” to a trigger that needs to be cleaned more often than the original one.

My new advice to people looking to date is:
    "Find you someone who loves you as much as Pistol-Forum loves the SCD."

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Should have probably read through this thread before buying one of these. Oh well. At $67, I guess if I don’t like it I can just sell it.

Don’t like the idea of “upgrading” to a trigger that needs to be cleaned more often than the original one.
    Same. Having got my first GPT I remain non-plussed.

It doesn't seem better; it's not crisper or ligther really it's just different and I don't know that I care enough about the difference one way or the other aside from the fact that I apparently now need to clean more often which is ironic because the gun is now a tiny bit harder to take apart in order to actually clean.

Gpt update

All my triggers are in my g19s.
    My first got is at 3500 rds. Still running just like new. I have since bought three more. All feel pretty much the same to me. My shot groups were definitely tighter without giving up speed. Personal best, I can now achieve 290 or above on demand for the super test.
    Generally impressed, I do clean pistols after every range session, but I did that before gpt installation.
    Just a quick update from my small sample size

I’m getting a little hitch in my gettyup… Seems like the trigger tab is making slight contact with the frame when I press the trigger. Not something I really notice shooting at speed but I just clipped the top of a very tight no shoot in a match yesterday and am wondering if that may have been a contributing factor (probably not because I called the miss and followed it up with another pretty quick Alpha but I’d really like to blame the trigger tab rather than my brief loss of vision). I do feel it during dry fire but don’t notice it in the dots movement. Can I go in and lightly sand the part so it doesn’t do that or something? Is the regular factory shoe compatible with the performance trigger? The shape of it seems to put my finger in a slightly different spot and that seems to maybe be part of the issue with the tab not fully getting out of the way?

User Tag List