Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did you try lubricating the dirty trigger to see how it functioned?
    It would help for another 5-6 mags, then it would start gumming up again. It would likely last longer with a different ammo. M1152 is nasty. I wish I had taken pictures of what the inside of the trigger looked like after even just 200 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyBrass View Post
    It would help for another 5-6 mags, then it would start gumming up again. It would likely last longer with a different ammo. M1152 is nasty. I wish I had taken pictures of what the inside of the trigger looked like after even just 200 rounds.
    Did you try cleaning the "trigger" with gun scrubber and then relubricating?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyBrass View Post
    I have a bunch of 1152, I'll work it in. Thanks for that.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Passing along for interest…

I was in a Glock Operator Course yesterday, and the instructor was running a Performance Trigger. On a drill near the end of the class, his trigger failed to reset. Another staff member immediately said “Yeah, it needs lube,” and the instructor pulled the slide off and added lube, then proceeded with the drill. There was then some discussion between them about how the new triggers need lubricant every 3,000 rounds or so.
    FWIW, I have some buddies that went through Glock armorer and RDS instructor classes this week. They were told that Glock does not recommend the performance trigger for LE and .mil use because of increased maintenance requirements to prevent the trigger from failing to reset after 1,000 rounds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    FWIW, I have some buddies that went through Glock armorer and RDS instructor classes this week. They were told that Glock does not recommend the performance trigger for LE and .mil use because of increased maintenance requirements to prevent the trigger from failing to reset after 1,000 rounds or so.
    Odd considering if it is correct on who glock designed the trigger for

I really like my three GPTs and planning to buy more but ... Glock's strategy and comms re: Triggers are definitely odd. They still won't sell a $5 'minus' connector CONUS, but they have no problem advertising and selling a trigger pack that yields the same light pull and allegedly could fail to reset without proper preventative maintenance ... uhmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Odd considering if it is correct on who glock designed the trigger for
    I think that's a general disclaimer based on the thought that the average LEO probably Wouldn't do an adequate job of lubing and cleaning. I wouldn't think HRT has to worry about that aspect.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I think that's a general disclaimer based on the thought that the average LEO probably Wouldn't do an adequate job of lubing and cleaning. I wouldn't think HRT has to worry about that aspect.
    Exactly.

shot my G19 Glock Perform Trigger in IDPA match this saturday in NC. Trigger performed great. Me not so much. (Had to go back and add 1 more to a cpl of rifle targets). By far this was one of the most (least points down) matches i have shot. A cpl stages were clean.
    -this trigger allows me to get accurate shots quick
    -several comments that my groups were tighter
    -has stayed a consistent 4.5#

I started a thread about this issue, but I think the info will be more useful to someone posted here.

I put a PT in a G44 with a Nelson Optic slide. This was the first generation slide marked 44X with no lightening cutsw such as their EDC slide has.

As I related, with the original trigger, the pistol flawlessly functioned with numerous ammo types. With the PT it flawlessly functioned with only 'old' Remington Golden Bullets. I say 'old' because the value pack I was using was circa the first Obama administration. The Golden Bullets I bought recently had the same problems as other ammo, FTF, FTEject mainly.

After some work the the performance trigger now works with all the .22 ammo I have on hand. Here's what I did:

1. First and foremost replace the ejector in the PT with the ejector from your G44.

2. I polished the striker safety block and the striker safety hump on the PT trigger bar. I also changed the profile just a bit. (don't know if this made a big difference based on the next step).

3. Replaced the OEM recoil spring (i believe it is 16 lbs) with a 13 pound recoil spring from Nelson - https://www.nelsonprecisionmfg.com/p...pring-assembly

Quite frankly, other than changing the ejector, which isn't an optional step, I feel the 13-pound spring made the difference.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List