Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Received my 74332 today. My original GPT came with a dot connector, while the new version came with a standard (unmarked) connector.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Received my 74332 today. My original GPT came with a dot connector, while the new version came with a standard (unmarked) connector.
    My previous statement in post #706 was wrong .. my new 74332 also came with a standard connector, not a dot connector.

The differences are small visually but it seems like Glock did the trigger tab filing so we don't have to. At least in these samples, 74332 (GPT "Gen 2"?) has slightly less safety tab protruding below the shoe, and slightly more of a gap between rear face of tab and frame. I have not been able to get the 74332 trigger shoe/tab to hang up on the frame with a less-than ideal press. I can make the 74332 do it.

70272 installed in G45

74332 installed in G19.5MOS

Site Supporter
    If it wasn't for the SCD I'd give this gen 2 GPT a try.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I have not been able to get the 74332 trigger shoe/tab to hang up on the frame with a less-than ideal press. I can make the 74332 do it.
    Is there a typo here?

Yes, that should read that I can make the 70272 hang.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Is there a typo here?

Hey guys, any updates on the “Gen 2” GPT? I’m thinking of throwing one in a G34 to try out.

Not sure if anyone else has tried this but I tried one in a G44. I did swap the ejector. At first I was ecstatic while dry firing and the first few rounds went into a group half the size of what I could get with the stock trigger. But then I got a light strike, then another, then it would not cycle all the way and fail to pick up another round. This gun eats everything with the stock trigger so back to stock it went.

I got to thinking that a heavier striker spring would cure the light strikes but make it worse for cycling. This was with CCI Blazer. Maybe it could be tuned for The extra high velocity ammo or maybe even just Mini Mags but I don’t want it to be that picky.

Odd thing is I saw on Glock Europe’s site they list it to work in the 44.

But dang it is a nice trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Hey guys, any updates on the “Gen 2” GPT? I’m thinking of throwing one in a G34 to try out.
    I put a couple thousand more rounds on my GPTs and to date they are all have run perfectly. Based upon comparison pictures, I believe all my GPTs to be the latest revision, although they aren't the SKU that includes the backplate.

One thing I noticed is that the new spring in the trigger housing body that pushes the trigger forward without the slide cycling helps with dry fire practice as I can work on trigger control on followup presses.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has tried this but I tried one in a G44. I did swap the ejector. At first I was ecstatic while dry firing and the first few rounds went into a group half the size of what I could get with the stock trigger. But then I got a light strike, then another, then it would not cycle all the way and fail to pick up another round. This gun eats everything with the stock trigger so back to stock it went.

I got to thinking that a heavier striker spring would cure the light strikes but make it worse for cycling. This was with CCI Blazer. Maybe it could be tuned for The extra high velocity ammo or maybe even just Mini Mags but I don’t want it to be that picky.

The GPT releases the striker lug with approximately 0.050" more travel compared to the standard Glock trigger assembly, so all else equal you should be getting stronger primer strikes with the GPT. The extra striker travel combined with the trigger pull not being directly affected by the striker spring weight is one of the benefits of the GPT.

I am guessing there is something else going on, but given the ammo is CCI Blazer who knows. I have a G44 with a GPT installed waiting on a 44X slide that I will run with a red dot. I'll put some heavy use on that soon and report back.

User Tag List