Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Well…I just took some very fine sand paper and “just” broke the edges on the trigger tab and it seems to have mainly eliminated the issue I was having.

All 5 of mine were the same way and I had to do the same.

Recently installed the Performance Trigger in a Gen 5 G19. It's light, but spongy. And the trigger shoe just looks and feels cheap. I'm not a fan, and will give it to a friend.

For reference, my preferred range trigger is a Gen 3 pistol with a minus connector and an Overwatch Precision trigger shoe.

I still remember my initial impressions of the new Glock trigger -- awesome compared to my dot connector stock set-up.

By chance, I ended up with an Apex trigger that came on a 26 I purchased from a forum member. I ended up really liking it, and stuck some in a few carry pistols. Anecdotally, I preferred them to the Glock performance trigger, but that wasn't based on extensive testing. I really saw the Apex as being an EDC trigger and the new performance trigger for competition. Lately, I haven't given much thought to this.

Since I carry a Glock, I shoot at least a few mags each range session to maintain proficiency, with the bulk of my practice with my Open gun. At some point I figured out, to shoot the Glock close to my Open gun, I need to do everything right with grip and arm extension. Lately, I have done my Glock shooting at the beginning of my practice, as it tests fundamentals so obviously, and sets me up well for the Open gun.

My last two practice sessions, I haven't shot the Glock as well, but haven't understood why. Today, I realized I had been shooting a Glock with a performance trigger the two days. I then pulled out my 19 with the Apex trigger, and doing arrays I was right back to where I was before.

In dry fire, the Performance trigger feels better, but in live fire I am faster but especially more accurate with the Apex. If I had to guess why, it is because the Apex breaks quite a bit forward of the Glock performance trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I still remember my initial impressions of the new Glock trigger -- awesome compared to my dot connector stock set-up.

My last two practice sessions, I haven't shot the Glock as well, but haven't understood why. Today, I realized I had been shooting a Glock with a performance trigger the two days. I then pulled out my 19 with the Apex trigger, and doing arrays I was right back to where I was before.

In dry fire, the Performance trigger feels better, but in live fire I am faster but especially more accurate with the Apex. If I had to guess why, it is because the Apex breaks quite a bit forward of the Glock performance trigger.
    Are you using the OEM dot connector with the Apex trigger, or are you using the Apex connector?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Are you using the OEM dot connector with the Apex trigger, or are you using the Apex connector?
    OEM dot

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Recently installed the Performance Trigger in a Gen 5 G19. It's light, but spongy. And the trigger shoe just looks and feels cheap. I'm not a fan, and will give it to a friend.

For reference, my preferred range trigger is a Gen 3 pistol with a minus connector and an Overwatch Precision trigger shoe.
    This is very close to my experience. Liked the GPT a lot at first, but it seemed like performance degraded somewhat after about 1500 rounds, and I swapped it out.

My preferred trigger that I have on all three of my current Gen 5 Glocks, from Overwatch:
    * NP3'd OEM minus connector
    * DAT aluminum trigger shoe

That combo gives about a 4.5 lb trigger press, with reduced pre-travel and more ergonomic for my finger on the trigger blade. Otherwise, it keeps all the characteristics of OEM trigger. Combined with an SCD, it's a good carry setup for me that keeps OEM internals and safety, but gives a somewhat improved trigger.

ETA: Forgot to add, another advantage of this setup is that it has the maintenance schedule of an ordinary Glock OEM trigger. It doesn't need the more frequent lube schedule that the GPT does.
    Last edited by maximus83; 07-21-2023 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

By chance, I ended up with an Apex trigger that came on a 26 I purchased from a forum member. I ended up really liking it, and stuck some in a few carry pistols. Anecdotally, I preferred them to the Glock performance trigger, but that wasn't based on extensive testing. I really saw the Apex as being an EDC trigger and the new performance trigger for competition. Lately, I haven't given much thought to this.

Since I carry a Glock, I shoot at least a few mags each range session to maintain proficiency, with the bulk of my practice with my Open gun. At some point I figured out, to shoot the Glock close to my Open gun, I need to do everything right with grip and arm extension. Lately, I have done my Glock shooting at the beginning of my practice, as it tests fundamentals so obviously, and sets me up well for the Open gun.

GJM,

Can you provide a link to the model Apex trigger to which you're referring? Or, the name of the model? I think they have more than one.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    GJM,

Can you provide a link to the model Apex trigger to which you're referring? Or, the name of the model? I think they have more than one.

Thanks.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019517550

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post

My preferred trigger that I have on all three of my current Gen 5 Glocks, from Overwatch:
    * NP3'd OEM minus connector
    * DAT aluminum trigger shoe

That combo gives about a 4.5 lb trigger press, with reduced pre-travel and more ergonomic for my finger on the trigger blade. Otherwise, it keeps all the characteristics of OEM trigger. Combined with an SCD, it's a good carry setup for me that keeps OEM internals and safety, but gives a somewhat improved trigger.
    Agreed with all the above. For me, this is a much nicer setup than the GPT, or the Apex Duty kit. Different strokes, etc.

User Tag List