Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Do you use a medium or large backstrap on your Glock?
    neither. I did try the medium backstraps, but to no avail....

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    A lot of it has to do with how the hand fits the frame.

The side of the trigger finger hitting the frame is what pushes the shots left a lot of the time.

I can demonstrate it with a stripped Glock frame. I hold it about like you’d hold it to place the pad of your finger on the trigger and squeeze my trigger finger. It will push on the frame and rotate it down and to the left. It has nothing to do with the trigger.

Rotate your hand sown enough to get your trigger finger halfway through the trigger guard and now you don’t have that problem.

Crude guns require crude technique…
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Agreed. Its hard for me to get a high grip on the beavertail of a stock glock and not drag my trigger finger on the frame at least slightly. Here’s where modifications like Boresight Solutions Glove Bevel can help a lot.
    My trigger finger drags on Glock frames, too. That has always required me to use extra care, to keep the sights aligned, during the trigger press. This has also been a reason that I have generally considered Glocks to be handSguns, rather than handguns, because the support hand provides so much vital assistance in keeping the frame stable, during the inevitable drag.

Crude guns, and crude technique, are exactly correct, in my case. Crude accuracy, too, at least in my hands. Thankfully, crude accuracy usually suffices, on the streets. Usually.

Transitioning (reluctantly) to G22 duty pistols, in early 2002, meant saying good-bye to my Expert pin, along with my “grandfathered” 1911 duty pistols. (I was able to again shoot Expert, in late 2004, after transitioning to SIG DAK.)

Edited to add: I did return to Glock, in 2015, but Gen4, which fit me better. My finger still drags on Gen4 frames, but the overall better fit helps.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-15-2023 at 03:53 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    A lot of it has to do with how the hand fits the frame.

The side of the trigger finger hitting the frame is what pushes the shots left a lot of the time.
    This.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Are these in stock anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    Are these in stock anywhere?
    I can’t find them in stock, if they are.

It was posted on another forum, that the Performance trigger was in fact manufactured by Timney for Glock. That would explain quite a bit.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    It was posted on another forum, that the Performance trigger was in fact manufactured by Timney for Glock. That would explain quite a bit.

TXPO
    Oh! That definitely explains things and gets around nasty patent lawsuits.

It’s like an extra safety engineered Timney competition trigger.

Today, I shot about 100 rounds with the new Glock Performance trigger, that I installed last night into a G45 lower. We had set up a quite difficult steel array, with two small steel, and three eight inch plates. We wanted to work on small steel with our competition pistols, and I also thought it would be a good test of the new trigger. After a run or two of fam on the steel, I tried just few close doubles and right off was doing .17 splits. The trigger was an absolute joy to shoot on the steel, and is the most fun I can remember pressing a Glock trigger. If you are a Glock person, run and get at least one as soon as you can. My wife, who has shot a Glock for decades, tried it and pronounced it excellent, saying it would probably help most Glock shooters more than instruction, practice and lots of ammo. I hope this thing turns out to be reliable. I wouldn't say it is better than a M&P Apex FSS or PDP trigger, but it definitely makes the Glock more capable.

Here is a run on steel with it.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    neither. I did try the medium backstraps, but to no avail....
    Thank you. I use the large backstrap and still feel like I need something a smidge bigger.

I need one of you all who bought it to not like it and sell it. Obviously not GJM and his wife.

I just tried the Overwatch TAC trigger in my 19 and it's too short. It works better in my 26, not sure why, I use the medium backstrap on my 26(I still need to take it to the range but dry fire seemed okay).
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Thank you. I use the large backstrap and still feel like I need something a smidge bigger.

I need one of you all who bought it to not like it and sell it. Obviously not GJM and his wife.

I just tried the Overwatch TAC trigger in my 19 and it's too short. It works better in my 26, not sure why, I use the medium backstrap on my 26(I still need to take it to the range but dry fire seemed okay).
    oh to have your "problem"! this trigger is made for you it seems

User Tag List