Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    All of my knowledge is third hand from this thread. Quoting TXPOFF:
    It turns the Glock from a safe action, to a single action type fire control setup. The resistance in the trigger take up on a standard Glock trigger is gone. This is due to the striker being fully cocked now when the slide cycles. The only resistance felt is being provided by the trigger return coil spring inside the connector housing.”

In my mind at least what makes a Glock trigger usable for people management is its take up, and I think the take up has to have some resistance to do that function.

I personally don’t have a dog in the fight — I won’t carry a Glock without an SCD, or any gun without some means of preventing a trigger press while holstering.

I’m sure it’s fine. After all, the P320, which has a ‘great’ trigger, has become a very popular pistol and I haven’t heard about a rash of NDs.
    I would hold off making a judgment until you have dry and live fired the new trigger. The main difference I can detect is the creep between the wall and trigger break that you get in a regular Glock trigger is absent. That makes the trigger easier to hit with, but the juice is between the wall and break, not before the wall.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would hold off making a judgment until you have dry and live fired the new trigger. The main difference I can detect is the creep between the wall and trigger break that you get in a regular Glock trigger is absent. That makes the trigger easier to hit with, but the juice is between the wall and break, not before the wall.
    I’ll sure hold off on posting further without firsthand experience— which I won’t get so long as it’s incompatible with the SCD.
    Ignore Alien Orders

The SCD incompatibility will be a problem for a lot of us here.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The SCD incompatibility will be a problem for a lot of us here.
    It's my biggest hangup with trying one. It's not so much that the trigger is unsafe or something... but for AIWB, I really want that extra layer of safety the SCD gives. I might try one in my G34, since that won't ever be an AIWB gun for me.

It looks and sounds like this a more well engineered fully cocked striker trigger than the 320... from the standpoint of "how hard is it going to be to set this trigger off inadvertently" which I think is a good thing. That is with the big caveat that this is brand new, and not yet vetted "in the streetz"... long term durability and reliability is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    Why?
    I can only use my pistols for range use here in Canada but I’ve been a member of PF for a long time and I feel like I’ve read enough from the experts, taken enough courses, and shot enough competition to form my own opinions. A couple of issues I have:

- I’ve never liked the trend of putting lighter triggers in striker guns meant for carry, especially those without manual safeties. Length of travel is one aspect of the safety of the trigger, but pull weight is another. I’ve shot enough competition to know that a stiff trigger has saved a poor shot from me more than once.

- Lighter triggers, at least until this new one, and it’s so new the jury is still out here, have been notoriously unreliable. I wouldn’t trust the Timney triggers in a carry gun. No way. We shall see about this one.

- Messing with the stock trigger in a carry gun to make it lighter seems like it would open up an unnecessary attack vector, in a legal sense, should you have the unfortunate need to use it.

- Stock Glock triggers are perfectly shootable and reliable. I made master in IPSC with a stock trigger. How much better of a trigger does one need in a carry gun when the most important thing is reliability?
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 01-17-2023 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Spelling - ugh
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I went to look for one online but not sure if I found the right item. Is this it?

https://www.canikusa.com/mete-sf-black
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

ToddG 05-22-12:

“The shooting community always blames the operator for every accident and never considers the role that equipment plays in making some guns more or less likely to facilitate those accidents.”

3.5lb pull, fully tensioned striker, no striker control device and no manual safety.

Not a damn thing has changed since then. This wisdom is just as relevant today.

Here is a YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/FEXCYv1CSzI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    ToddG 05-22-12:

“The shooting community always blames the operator for every accident and never considers the role that equipment plays in making some guns more or less likely to facilitate those accidents.”

3.5lb pull, fully tensioned striker, no striker control device and no manual safety.

Not a damn thing has changed since then. This wisdom is just as relevant today.
    They gotta get in on the kitchen table gunsmith market somehow.

There is always a balance -- triggers that are easier to shoot things you want to, are also easier to shoot things you don't want to shoot. Period.

I had a 2011 that the trigger ended up at 14 ounces. That trigger was too light. Even with a thumb safety, which many consider so important, I occasionally made loud noises that I didn't intend to. I had the trigger increased to 1.5 pounds like my other 2011 competition triggers, and the problem went away. The Glock Performance trigger is lighter than a stock Glock trigger by .5 or 1 pound, but is still heavier than many triggers people put in their carry Glock pistols. Unlike many after market triggers, it does not have reduced pre travel, and actually the trigger face is more forward, barely, than a stock OEM trigger.

Besides being slightly heavier, the main difference between the Glock Performance trigger and OEM is that the standard Glock trigger typically has significant creep between the wall and the trigger break. On my Glock Performance trigger, that creep is not there. Eliminating that creep, makes the trigger much easier to hit things with. Focus on this -- once you have reached the wall, the trigger breaks more cleanly. If you have reached the wall, you better be intending to shoot, and if not, god help you if you think .5-1.0 pounds of additional trigger weight is going to save you from your negligence.

Back to where I started, the balance between being easier to hit with, versus being easier to hit what you don't intend to hit with. The Glock can be a challenging pistol for some shooters to shoot straight with. This trigger will help all Glock shooters, from poor to intermediate to really good. Assuming it turns out to be reliable, and I am trying to figure that out, this may increase the shoot ability of the Glock, and bring it closer to the PDP, VP9 and other striker pistols others often prefer to shoot over a Glock. Time will tell.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List