Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Has anyone been able to measure the amount of sear engagement?
    I haven't measured it, but inspecting it with my armorers plate, it appears to be about the same as the stock trigger bar cruciform. I also tried to force the sear down to release the sear, and was unable to make that happen using a decent amount of force on the sear. I was using a small flathead screwdriver, and feel like I might have damaged something if I would have imparted more force on the sear, or enough force to get it to release.

I'm calling this setup GTG. This thing isn't going off unless you pull the trigger, period.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I haven't measured it, but inspecting it with my armorers plate, it appears to be about the same as the stock trigger bar cruciform. I also tried to force the sear down to release the sear, and was unable to make that happen using a decent amount of force on the sear. I was using a small flathead screwdriver, and feel like I might have damaged something if I would have imparted more force on the sear, or enough force to get it to release.

I'm calling this setup GTG. This thing isn't going off unless you pull the trigger, period.
    TXPO
    It can definitely be done with out much force. Pull the slide slightly out of battery to get a punch in. Aim for the center of the sear not the sides and press.

Additionally some may have issues with various "minus" connectors with the trigger safety catching on the frame. That will vary from gun to gun, trigger, connector combinations. As the connector under spring tension affects the position of the trigger bar slightly. Shortest reset I've seen is with the + connector which also provides a more pronounced wall before the sear releases.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    It can definitely be done with out much force. Pull the slide slightly out of battery to get a punch in. Aim for the center of the sear not the sides and press.

Additionally some may have issues with various "minus" connectors with the trigger safety catching on the frame. That will vary from gun to gun, trigger, connector combinations. As the connector under spring tension affects the position of the trigger bar slightly. Shortest reset I've seen is with the + connector which also provides a more pronounced wall before the sear releases.

YMMV
    I was testing mine with the Armorers plate which has an open bottom. It allows access to the sear without having to move the slide out of battery. That can effect how much force the striker is exerting on the sear. I was also prying on both sides of the sear assembly as this system doesn't have a ledge on the sear itself. I'm wondering if this can vary from frame to frame, just like the connector aspects can be slightly different as well.

Also this sear has the ability to tilt rearward, towards the cover plate, in which if your tilting the sear to release the striker that can be done without much force. This tilting action was built in to allow the striker to move over the sear during the slide cycle to the rear with less resistance. This system creates more resistance during the slide cycle operation, which can slow the slide down. Were talking about minute amounts, but Glock obviously wanted to minimize the resistance that was added to the cycling process when going to the system. This is also why the trigger has the bend in the middle to give clearance for the striker when moving rearward. Johnny Glock mentions that also in his video. The Timeny trigger doesn't have that feature.

Tilting the sear though isn't likely to happen as the striker is keeping force on the striker in the opposite direction that it can tilt. I was testing by pushing the sear assembly downward, which is much harder to do due to the hook that is over the trigger bar. You have to distort the trigger bar quite a bit to get the sear assembly to drop down far enough to release the striker. At least on my example, I wasn't able to get it to release and I'm not willing to apply the amount of force needed to get the sear assembly to move down far enough to release the striker.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 01-20-2023 at 12:00 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Any thoughts of Johnny Glock's Vex shoe and + connector setup?

I thought I was the only one who tested the sear/striker connection by prying down on it as I never see it mentioned in any safety tests. Nevertheless, I think it's a great addition to the normal tests and adds a lot of peace of mind if the trigger passes. Better than simply checking by eye for at least 60-70% engagement and calling it good because it isn't always good if you apply the Pry Test.
    That percent of engagement will also shift once a loaded mag is inserted because of slop in the rails... The slide usually moves upwards a bit and then there is even less engagement. What looks great when empty can become borderline when loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    Any thoughts of Johnny Glock's Vex shoe and + connector setup?
    He makes some high quality stuff but I won't be running one on my duty pistols due to it's ability to be adjusted. I have seen to many adjustable triggers go out of adjustment during training causing problems. On a range or gamer gun that perfectly fine.

I'm perfectly satisfied with the performance trigger in stock form. It characteristics are like my 320 triggers. They have been my preferred triggers in striker pistols for a while. I do prefer the Glock platform though, and this trigger gives me a 320 trigger in a Glock which is exactly what I want.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

He makes some high quality stuff but I won't be running one on my duty pistols due to it's ability to be adjusted. I have seen to many adjustable triggers go out of adjustment during training causing problems. On a range or gamer gun that perfectly fine.

I'm perfectly satisfied with the performance trigger in stock form. It characteristics are like my 320 triggers. They have been my preferred triggers in striker pistols for a while. I do prefer the Glock platform though, and this trigger gives me a 320 trigger in a Glock which is exactly what I want.

TXPO
    Adjustment screws caused my wife much drama with her Legion CO pistols. For a while she used gun scrubber to clean the FCU, and it attacked the loctite on screws on Armory Craft triggers, causing the pistol to stop firing. She went to a trigger arrangement without those screws.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I suspect it may shorten it slightly due to the fact the springs will be in fully cocked, rather than partial, but I doubt it will make a noticeable difference in spring life.
    Do you happen to have a value for its extended (out of assembly but after 'cold set') vs. compressed length (as it sits in the assembly)? Is there some gap between the coils as it sits in assembly?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Do you happen to have a value for its extended (out of assembly but after 'cold set') vs. compressed length (as it sits in the assembly)? Is there some gap between the coils as it sits in assembly?
    Would the wear be any more than on a VP9, PDP or other similar design striker?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Would the wear be any more than on a VP9, PDP or other similar design striker?
    Wait, I thought all the spring engineers have established that compression doesn't fatigue springs, cycles do.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List