Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I love Glock products, but whoever designed, tested and oversaw manufacturing of this trigger ought to be taken out behind the wood shed. Let's take perhaps the most reliable group of service pistols there are, make them less reliable, and in the process fundamentally alter the fire control system that Glock proved over decades.

It is rather odd, that it has shown to be less reliable than the standard trigger. The reason I say that is because of the fact it was designed by Glock and some high speed low drag folks at Quantico. I verified this as one of our guys was at the NA during the GPT's initial released, and I had him reach out to firearms guys while he was there, and got the word first hand.

It does provide exactly what it was designed for, a lighter less disturbing trigger pull on a Glock pistol. Unfortunately, it also degrades the reliability of the trigger pull as well.

I had a few of them I ran for a few thousand rounds, and never experienced any issues with it and didn't have any special cleaning rituals for them. I just cleaned it and lubed it like I do the standard fire controls and it ran fine. There are numerous reports of problems with it so I do believe it isn't a superior design by any means.

My biggest complaint with it, was the fact the trigger shoe itself is larger front to rear than the standard trigger, increasing the reach, especially for me and my medium hands. If it had a thinner trigger shoe or at least the same size as the standard, I would still have them. I know you can replace the shoe with a JG shoe, but I don't want a $150 plus non factory trigger in any of my duty pistols. YMMV.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by zcap View Post
    The GPT is not being discontinued, but the part numbers have changed and the new part "Performance Trigger For Glock GEN 4/5" includes a Gen 5 backplate for use in Gen 4 pistols.

The old Glock GPT part number without the back plate is 70272.

The new Glock GPT part number with the back plate is 74332.
    There was also a technical change as noted earlier, the older part number is a 4 lb trigger, the newer says 5 lb trigger.

Did they change the connector on the new model or is this like they used to call the minus a 3.5 lb and now it's a 4.5 lb???

So I've been sitting back watching all this unfold, and for me, the GPT is a no go. That said, am I correct in thinking that the Apex trigger is a *very* good and reliable system for a fighting (Glock) pistol?
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    So I've been sitting back watching all this unfold, and for me, the GPT is a no go. That said, am I correct in thinking that the Apex trigger is a *very* good and reliable system for a fighting (Glock) pistol?
    I had a bad experience with Apex. Their trigger shoe didn't fit in either of my Gen5 Glocks(it could be forced to fit, but you could feel the components dragging due to interference). After much back and forth they eventually agreed to give me a refund, but initially they claimed nothing was wrong and wanted to charge me a restocking fee or replace it with another part with no guarantees of proper function or fit.

With my sample it wasn't remarkably different from OEM components. It had additional grit and take-up weight due to the interference for but it didn't seem to change the break weight or pre travel in any way.

Their connector does have some good qualities. It produces a lighter/smoother break without adding as much travel other (-) connectors I've tried in G5 Glocks.

The biggest improvement I've had is just from cleaning up the firing pin block. If I were starting over I'd consider buying a polished OEM part from someone like Johnny Glocks.

On Apex, I have happily run a bunch of them in Gen 5 Glocks, but I did have fit issues with the last few I got. Not sure if they had a bad run or something. Pretty sure Stoeger is running them after pulling the GPT.

I would have been far happier if Glock developed a flat face Apex like trigger with some good coating on the trigger bar that improved the trigger characteristics while maintaining the legacy fire control system.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    On Apex, I have happily run a bunch of them in Gen 5 Glocks, but I did have fit issues with the last few I got. Not sure if they had a bad run or something. Pretty sure Stoeger is running them after pulling the GPT.

I would have been far happier if Glock developed a flat face Apex like trigger with some good coating on the trigger bar that improved the trigger characteristics while maintaining the legacy fire control system.
    I'm tempted to try the Apex part again, but next time I'll order from someone like Brownells who won't jerk me around if I have a problem.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I'm tempted to try the Apex part again, but next time I'll order from someone like Brownells who won't jerk me around if I have a problem.
    I just put the Apex connector in with all other parts OEM to get a nice trouble free 4-4.5 lb rolling break with a (by 2024 single action striker standards) fairly long trigger pull with the SCD.

If I wanted a flat shoe and slightly less travel, I'd slap on Overwatch Polydat shoe or Tango Down flat shoe on the same setup.

If I wasn't as fine with my current trigger pull as I am, I might try a 5lb Wolff striker spring.

I bought mine from Midway, and they were a no questions asked immediate refund.

I prefer the Apex as it breaks further forward than the OP.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    this is the Gen 5 G19 I yanked the trigger out of.

It probably has one of the best stock Glock triggers I have pressed.

Since this is an issued piece, I can't change anything, but I plan on buying it when I retire.

All it needs to make it perfect for me is an undercut trigger guard and an optic cut.

Did you get those paws from a grizzly? 😁
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    There was also a technical change as noted earlier, the older part number is a 4 lb trigger, the newer says 5 lb trigger.

Did they change the connector on the new model or is this like they used to call the minus a 3.5 lb and now it's a 4.5 lb???
    I have several of the original GPT's with varying round counts, and have recently ordered one of the new 5lb SKU. Should be here tomorrow and I'll report back with my impressions. My hope is they achieved the heavier pull weight by increasing spring strength, which in the GPT would result in a better, more positive reset.

User Tag List