Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I just pulled the Apex out of my 19.5 I had it installed in, and measured the same width of 0.257" on the trigger shoe across the pin hole. I also measured the inside of the slide stop lever at 0.263" trying to center on the pin hole. Plenty of clearance.

I didn't measure another guns slide stop lever, but I did have a strange issue where the trigger felt extremely heavy and had a distinct hitch in pull and reset using the OEM "minus" connector when installed in my 34.5. The issue seemed to lie somewhere in the trigger bar-connector interface. Swapping the original OEM minus for another OEM minus I had on hand made that issue completely go away. This 34.5 has always had an odd hitch in the pull with the original OEM parts, and I really have not shot it enough to smooth things out. Very strange, and makes me somewhat distrust the Apex without some further vetting, but it may be the original OEM minus that is the culprit here. I did notice that the trigger shoe fit more "snug" in the slide stop lever of the 34.5 too, though it still moved freely. I should have measured that, but the hitch in the trigger distracted me.

I put about 250 rounds through my 19.5 with the Apex installed before I did all this, with zero issues. I've reinstalled my OEM trigger in the 19.5, and moved the Apex to the 34.5 for farther consideration and testing. I have another 19.5 and a 26.5 I could also try it in, and I may get around to that at some point.

Sorry for the thread drift. Back on topic... it does seem that Glock is changing or updating the Performance Trigger. If you try to click links on their dedicated webpage for the trigger, there are some dead links.
    Might be worth a new thread.

My 19.5 also had a hitch from the factory. Out of the box it felt great, then after 500-1k rounds it started getting worse.

It almost had a double rolling break. The weight would build, then go down, then hit the actual "wall" and break. Adding a minus connector reduced the second/final break which almost made it feel worse. It also added more travel between the first and second break.

Eventually it drove me to get the GPT. After ditching the GPT I did some tinkering to figure out what was happening. For my gun the root cause is the trigger bar on the firing pin block.

Viewing through the magwell I could see the trigger bar start on a normal path but during the pull would move laterally outward before hitting the frame and slide. That lateral movement/twist was my first "wall". The trigger bar wouldn't begin to depress the safety until all of the lateral movement was done. When the safety was fully depressed the trigger weight would be substantially reduced before the final wall.

I ended up polishing and radiusing the firing pin safety. I also swapped the spring for a reduced weight one. Those changes made a huge improvement. Now I can use a minus connector and not have a horrible trigger pull.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Might be worth a new thread.

My 19.5 also had a hitch from the factory. Out of the box it felt great, then after 500-1k rounds it started getting worse.

It almost had a double rolling break. The weight would build, then go down, then hit the actual "wall" and break. Adding a minus connector reduced the second/final break which almost made it feel worse. It also added more travel between the first and second break.

Eventually it drove me to get the GPT. After ditching the GPT I did some tinkering to figure out what was happening. For my gun the root cause is the trigger bar on the firing pin block.

Viewing through the magwell I could see the trigger bar start on a normal path but during the pull would move laterally outward before hitting the frame and slide. That lateral movement/twist was my first "wall". The trigger bar wouldn't begin to depress the safety until all of the lateral movement was done. When the safety was fully depressed the trigger weight would be substantially reduced before the final wall.

I ended up polishing and radiusing the firing pin safety. I also swapped the spring for a reduced weight one. Those changes made a huge improvement. Now I can use a minus connector and not have a horrible trigger pull.
    Does the path of the trigger bar do this without the slide installed or only when installed with tension? I think I know the answer, just curious.

Arms Unlimited has GPTs for $65 and I bought one before I even had a host.

I now have a G45 and immediately noticed the GPT "trigger finger safety" would bind a little on the frame, just like Stoeger mentioned in his video calling it a "click" (starting 2:39). I dry fired a bunch assuming it would knock down either the small tab on the trigger or the frame and would smooth out. I don't think it has helped much.

So far only 150 rounds live fire and every now and then the trigger would click. Is this a tolerance stacking thing/rare because I don't recall reading about this anywhere else? I don't want to sand the part just yet. I may ping Glock for a new replacement or sell/trade (with full disclosure) for a Gen 5 Gadget.

Any news on updates to the GPT? The Glock website is now listing them as being a 5lb pull. I know Glock likes to roll out incremental improvements without saying anything, but if these are improved, and at a more acceptable “duty” weight for a trigger pull, I’ll start harassing my agency to authorize them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    Any news on updates to the GPT? The Glock website is now listing them as being a 5lb pull. I know Glock likes to roll out incremental improvements without saying anything, but if these are improved, and at a more acceptable “duty” weight for a trigger pull, I’ll start harassing my agency to authorize them.
    Saw that the GPT is now Gen 4 compatible with a Gen 5 back plate in the kit.

I probably missed it, what connector came with the original 4 lb GPT? I never looked at mine, just installed it.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post

I probably missed it, what connector came with the original 4 lb GPT? I never looked at mine, just installed it.

I believe it was a “-“. I thought it was too light and was messing around with different weights. The old Glock no marking connector, the 5lb from the gen 3, is my favorite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post

Regular dot connector

Site Supporter
    Arms Unlimited has the 4lb Glock Performance Trigger on sale for $65.

They are also listing them as “discontinued.”

Not sure if that means Glock is discontinuing them or just Arms Unlimited.

Name:  IMG_5061.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  30.1 KB

I love Glock products, but whoever designed, tested and oversaw manufacturing of this trigger ought to be taken out behind the wood shed. Let's take perhaps the most reliable group of service pistols there are, make them less reliable, and in the process fundamentally alter the fire control system that Glock proved over decades.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Arms Unlimited has the 4lb Glock Performance Trigger on sale for $65.

They are also listing them as “discontinued.”

Not sure if that means Glock is discontinuing them or just Arms Unlimited.
    The GPT is not being discontinued, but the part numbers have changed and the new part "Performance Trigger For Glock GEN 4/5" includes a Gen 5 backplate for use in Gen 4 pistols.

The old Glock GPT part number without the back plate is 70272.

The new Glock GPT part number with the back plate is 74332.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I love Glock products, but whoever designed, tested and oversaw manufacturing of this trigger ought to be taken out behind the wood shed. Let's take perhaps the most reliable group of service pistols there are, make them less reliable, and in the process fundamentally alter the fire control system that Glock proved over decades.
    That's a bit harsh. It is at least a very safe gamer trigger.

From what I can tell the problem is the weak trigger return spring.

User Tag List