Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Inquiring mind(s) would like to know how this compares to a properly installed Timney for gun games..
    I'm assuming this is way safer, so I'll pick up a couple if it works with SCDs.
    #RESIST

I just need to know if these babies will be on blue label!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    I just need to know if these babies will be on blue label!
    Don't think so...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I concur. Even if it offers only a slight improvement, the fact it is a factory part, and thus should not compromise any safety features, is reason enough to try it out.

TXPO
    Technically it functions similar to the Timney. The striker is fully cocked, and you can reach in and release the striker.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    Technically it functions similar to the Timney. The striker is fully cocked, and you can reach in and release the striker.
    Glock's new performance trigger is fully cocked??

Exactly what I have been wondering after first seeing this. Does it change the % pre-cock from the standard trigger?

If that's true I guess my bank account will be happy.

Vending Machine Operator
    I like that this product exists. I like that Glock is recognizing the market and competing.

That said, I am not too eager to grab one simply because my Gen 5 triggers are frankly wonderful. Last time I shot my G17 Gen 5 I was very rusty, I had not been out in probably 3-4 months, and in no time at all I was walking up and down the dueling tree. For a defense trigger it's an ideal combination of good and safe.

Perhaps if I got more into competition shooting where splits matter most I'll have another look. Either way, always good to have choices.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm assuming this is way safer, so I'll pick up a couple if it works with SCDs.
    About that, I love my 17L with the Timney. While I would never carry it, is the Timney trigger inherently unsafe? I reckon the drop safety could possibly be defeated if indeed dropped and bonked hard enough, but wouldn't the FPB stop it from discharging?

If this trigger even comes close to a Timney with a better drop safety design, im in. Except for my Gen 5 19/17 carry pieces. Those triggers are actually the first Glock triggers I don't have the urge to immediately swap.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    About that, I love my 17L with the Timney. While I would never carry it, is the Timney trigger inherently unsafe? I reckon the drop safety could possibly be defeated if indeed dropped and bonked hard enough, but wouldn't the FPB stop it from discharging?

If this trigger even comes close to a Timney with a better drop safety design, im in. Except for my Gen 5 19/17 carry pieces. Those triggers are actually the first Glock triggers I don't have the urge to immediately swap.
    They won't be for everyone. YMMV

User Tag List