Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    That was the consensus at the last armorer's course.

Imagine a room full of experienced gun carriers, all cringing at the thought of that as a duty trigger.

I'm kind of surprised that Glock put out something that's been as imperfect as the GPT.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that Glock put out something that's been as imperfect as the GPT.

And people rushed out in droves to buy them and wanted to be the first early adopters as referenced by this post.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    And people rushed out in droves to buy them and wanted to be the first early adopters as referenced by this post.

I didn't, because I can get a plenty good enough carry trigger with just a little polishing and using Glock OEM parts, also being SCD compatible is absolutely mandatory for my Glocks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I didn't, because I can get a plenty good enough carry trigger with just a little polishing and using Glock OEM parts, also being SCD compatible is absolutely mandatory for my Glocks.
    The partially tensioned striker is Glocks 2nd biggest advantage over its competition, 2nd only to its massive market presence/support.

Speaking of pre-tensioned striker pistols, is there anyway to look at a striker-fired pistol to determine if it is a pre-tensioned striker or not? Just wondering, because I own Glocks and M&Ps. Thanks in advance!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Speaking of pre-tensioned striker pistols, is there anyway to look at a striker-fired pistol to determine if it is a pre-tensioned striker or not? Just wondering, because I own Glocks and M&Ps. Thanks in advance!
    Glock, CZ P10, and various budget guns, imports, and oddballs are partially tensioned. If you take them apart, they do not have a sear, and instead the trigger bar pushes the striker back as you pull the trigger, and then releases it. Like a double action pistol starting at half cock.

The M&P, VP9, Walther PDP, FN 509, Sig 320 and P365, Springfield Echelon and Hellcat are all fully tensioned. They have a sear in the rear of fhe frame that holds the striker completely cocked. The trigger bar just defeats the firing pin block then trips the sear. Like a single action 1911/2011.

Thank you for the explanation. It was very concise and easy to understand!

GPT findings

My findings on the Glock Performance Trigger:

Host pistol: Glock 19 Gen5 MOS

Total rounds fired (to date): 3200
    *Ammunition expended included Winchester 115gr ball, Winchester 147gr Ranger, Gold Dot 124gr +P, Hornady 135 +P Critical Duty*

Maintenance cycle:
    Pistol was lubed after each range session (range sessions typically involved 200-300 rounds fired)
    Pistol was cleaned cleaned ever 1k rounds fired
    Pistol was detailed stripped and cleaned (RMR battery replaced) at 3k

*pistol was lubed with SLIP 2000 according to factory recommendations*
    *GPT was lubed with SLIP grease every 1k rounds fired (factory recommended locations)

ZERO issues to report. No grittiness or failures to reset. The pistol was carried and fired primarily concealed/AIWB. I, unfortunately, did not complete a motivational overland Exteme-sport race, complete with full mud/swamp immersion (I left that life behind with my exploits in OIF)

Your mileage may vary… I think this trigger is a fantastic enhancement to the Gen5 9mm line. If you can follow the basic tenants of weapon maintenance and lubrication (at minimal intervals)on the trigger group, per factory spec, using weapons grade grease… you might gain some significant advantage with it… I have.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    Your mileage may vary… I think this trigger is a fantastic enhancement to the Gen5 9mm line. If you can follow the basic tenants of weapon maintenance and lubrication (at minimal intervals)on the trigger group, per factory spec, using weapons grade grease… you might gain some significant advantage with it… I have.
    Your maintenance regimen seems a perfect match for this trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Your maintenance regimen seems a perfect match for this trigger.
    It would seem that a marginally trained/competent user should be on the GPT packaging.

User Tag List