Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    The hook on that sear is EXACTLY what I envisioned after getting a Timney Glock trigger, disassembling it, and seeing how it works. I'm glad somebody finally did it, and I hope other manufacturers take note.

Between that and the drop safety shelf on the trigger housing, this looks like it should actually be quite safe. I predict these triggers selling like crazy!

Among the competition, I believe that makes gen5 Glocks with this trigger the only fully-tensioned striker gun that completely restricts the sear from moving when the trigger isn't pulled. All others (P320, VP9, etc.) rely solely on sear spring tension and can theoretically release the striker if an impact with enough force overcomes the sear spring(s).

i believe despite the drop in trigger pull weight, this system is every bit as safe as the original Glock trigger setup. With the current situation and the 320 triggers, I highly doubt Glock would release anything that would be less safe mechanically than the standard trigger. I suspect this performance trigger has had the hell tested out of it, knowing Glock.

My money is also on the fact if these do prove to be popular, this will likely become the factory Glock trigger system across the entire line the near future.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 01-13-2023 at 07:34 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    My guess is yes. You could probably use a standard connector in it and that would likely bring the pull back to 5 pounds or more.

TXPO
    Thanks, the weight thing will be a work issue. Non compatibility with a scd, isn’t relevant due to the same work issue.

Jason

My money is also on the fact if these do prove to be popular, this will likely become the factory Glock trigger system across the entire line the near future.

TXPO
    How much emphasis does Glock place on ease of disassembly? These look a lot more complicated to disassemble than the current standard.

It's nice that they put a lot of thought into maintaining redundant drop safeties. The original still has appeal to me because of the gadget, but I haven't seen reports of any institutional users showing interest in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Thanks, the weight thing will be a work issue. Non compatibility with a scd, isn’t relevant due to the same work issue.

Jason
    That sucks, this is nice setup. We don't have a pound limit, we have it listed as no hair triggers, or modified or unsafe triggers weights. Being the lead firearms instructor, I get to determine what passes and what doesn't. I'll check this on my gauge at work monday, but I'm willing to bet in the center of the trigger it's breaking at 4.3 to 4.5, and I'm good with that. Especially knowing what Glock puts their stuff through, and knowing the design of this thing. It for sure ain't going off without pulling the trigger, and in a high stress situation the body can't tell the difference between a 4 pound or an 8 pound trigger.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    How much emphasis does Glock place on ease of disassembly? These look a lot more complicated to disassemble than the current standard.

It's nice that they put a lot of thought into maintaining redundant drop safeties. The original still has appeal to me because of the gadget, but I haven't seen reports of any institutional users showing interest in that.
    I haven't completely taken it apart, but it is more fiddly than the original. I don't see it being a huge issue, there are just a few more steps involved in it due to the separated sear and trigger bar. There is now a pin holding the sear assembly in, and that pin is held by the ejector. The trigger bar also has a specific way it has to be seated in the return spring, but again, it's not terribly hard, just a more specific sequence with disassembling and reassembling it.

There really isn't any reason to take it apart honestly. Everything comes out as a complete unit if you take it down that far for cleaning. It stays together as well as the Gen 5 fire control assembly. It doesn't all fly apart when you remove it from the frame.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post

See @Wayne Dobbs post.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

As far as is it drop safe?, you bet. There is still a small shelf on the connector housing just the standard glock trigger. Well the sear and trigger bar are now separate, what is the sear drops? Nope, that can't happen either as there is now a hook on the sear, that goes over the top of the trigger bar. while in the forward resting position, the hook keeps the sear from travelling downward. As the trigger bar moves rearward, it clears the hook, which allows the sear to moved down once the trigger bar pushes it down. Someone really thought this out, and it is just as safe as the standard Glock trigger.
    TXPO
    Thanks for write up! Especially glad to hear this part. So if you do the drop safety test with slide off, but instead try pushing down on sear instead of trigger bar, the sear has zero movement?

This might be what finally gets me to buy a Gen 5.

The reset is short and very tactile, exactly like a regular Glock trigger.
    Great report, thank you! I'm glad to hear this ^^^ about the reset. Not that reset is everything, but I tried a Timney for a bit and although it had a nice clean break, I didn't have an easy time going between it and standard Glock triggers. I shot a GSSF match with the Timney in my Unlimited gun and short-stroked it a few times shooting it back-to-back with another division where I was using an OEM trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Great report, thank you! I'm glad to hear this ^^^ about the reset. Not that reset is everything, but I tried a Timney for a bit and although it had a nice clean break, I didn't have an easy time going between it and standard Glock triggers. I shot a GSSF match with the Timney in my Unlimited gun and short-stroked it a few times shooting it back-to-back with another division where I was using an OEM trigger.
    I bet you didn't short stroke it -- instead the Timney wasn't resetting properly. Friends and I also experienced the same.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

With the current situation and the 320 triggers, I highly doubt Glock would release anything that would be less safe mechanically than the standard trigger. I suspect this performance trigger has had the hell tested out of it, knowing Glock.

TXPO
    Thought about this too...it would've been crazy for Glock to release another trigger that wasn't at least as safe as the OEM trigger. So you have to think they did a lot of testing.

If they do make this trigger widely available in OEM pistols, it's easy to expect this becoming a pretty big competitive edge for Glocks vs other pistols. One of the common issues people who hate Glocks have is the trigger. Remove that issue, and the whole product line becomes a lot more compelling.

User Tag List