Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just watched the JG video in its entirety. This seems like a 2.0 variant of the Timney. Not at all what I was expecting from Glock, and I'll have to do some thinking as to whether it has applications for my use beyond the range.
    Honestly pretty surprised to see this from a company as conservative as Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just watched the JG video in its entirety. This seems like a 2.0 variant of the Timney. Not at all what I was expecting from Glock, and I'll have to do some thinking as to whether it has applications for my use beyond the range.
    I wasn't expecting that either, especially if it came about from a request from a SWAT team as mentioned earlier in the thread. I don't have to do much thinking though... if it doesn't work with an SCD it takes away the #1 advantage of Glock vs every other striker fired gun out there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I wasn't expecting that either, especially if it came about from a request from a SWAT team as mentioned earlier in the thread. I don't have to do much thinking though... if it doesn't work with an SCD it takes away the #1 advantage of Glock vs every other striker fired gun out there for me.
    What I like about the Glock, is after decades of use it is so thoroughly proven. This trigger design is so different, it resets the reliability testing period back to day one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It appears Glock made a verison of the Timney trigger. Which is not surprising because the Timney trigger is magic.

I'll put this in my GSSF guns if I can.

The Johnny Glock video is worth the watch.
    A71593

Having just watched the JG video, I'm wishing I'd waiting on the purchase. I do NOT want to change my G19 into a fully cocked SFA with a light trigger. I have 1911s for light single action only triggers. The good news is Brownells is the cat's ass when it comes to returning stuff - not quite Amazon Prime easy, but pretty close...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Having just watched the JG video, I'm wishing I'd waiting on the purchase. I do NOT want to change my G19 into a fully cocked SFA with a light trigger. I have 1911s for light single action only triggers. The good news is Brownells is the cat's ass when it comes to returning stuff - not quite Amazon Prime easy, but pretty close...
    I had my credit card information entered and was hovering on the complete button, but managed to control myself.

You are right about Brownell's return policy though. They are awesome, but can tend to be a bit slow on the processing side.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    I got ahead of myself and should've clarified. Not so much the drop safety blade on the trigger, but the engagement of the lugs from the Timney sear and firing pin. When I purchased the Timney new, I put some easily removable paint on the rear of the Timney sear to see how much engagement there is with the firing pin lug. Needless to say, there was very little engagement between the two. The thought hit me when saw the post from LL concerning if it was safer than the Timney.

I summized that even if the sear was to release and drop the firing pin from the gun being dropped on the floor with no trigger pull on the Timney, the FPB would (or should rather) do its job and prevent it from even reaching the primer. It's why I wouldn't use it in a carry, just a BS gun like my 34 or 17L. Just thought Id ask...

EDIT: Found something that kinda addresses my concern, but I say "kinda" since the presenter forgets there is an FPB: https://youtu.be/Sx-nQQrKI80
    I've never handled a Timney in person, but that video hits on the first thing I thought of when the Timney came out. The drop safety ledge prevents trigger bar from moving down, but on Timney, and new Glock Performance Trigger, the trigger bar and sear are two separate parts. Looks like only thing that prevents Timney sear from moving down if dropped is spring tension. I wonder if there's any more safety features built into Glock Performance Trigger. If not, I'd probably consider it a range/competition only trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Well now I wish I wouldn’t have ordered one. For what I was hoping for, basically just an oem flat faced trigger, this is a little too far afield. Now it’s decide to return it or maybe keep it as a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    I've never handled a Timney in person, but that video hits on the first thing I thought of when the Timney came out. The drop safety ledge prevents trigger bar from moving down, but on Timney, and new Glock Performance Trigger, the trigger bar and sear are two separate parts. Looks like only thing that prevents Timney sear from moving down if dropped is spring tension. I wonder if there's any more safety features built into Glock Performance Trigger. If not, I'd probably consider it a range/competition only trigger.
    Quoting myself . I re-watched part of that Johnny Glocks video. He describes a hook on sear that functions as a drop safety and prevents trigger bar from being pushed down. But it looks like that hook might also prevent sear from moving down until trigger is pulled. If so, then seems like Glock Performance Trigger is safer than Timney trigger. Would be easy to check if this is really the case if had trigger in person.

At this point, Imma waitnsee what happens when somma yu fellas play around with it for a bit.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List