Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Now let’s see what all the fuss is about.

Name:  AD1D92F3-2F74-4B2B-A64F-028CBDC56B12.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  29.9 KB

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

So can a different connector be used to get a trigger pull weight back in the 5 pound range?

Jason

So, he is my initial impressions of the performance trigger. This puts the Glock fire control system in another league. As suspected this is designed pretty much like the Timney.

It turns the Glock from a safe action, to a single action type fire control setup. The resistance in the trigger take up on a standard Glock trigger is gone. This is due to the striker being fully cocked now when the slide cycles. The only resistance felt is being provided by the trigger return coil spring inside the connector housing.

Once you take up the trigger, it hits a very distinct wall. Pressing the trigger from here, there is virtually no creep, and a nice break. It's not glass, but it is very clean at least in the example I have. There is zero overtravel after the break. Upon cycling the slide, the trigger does move back just slightly, as described by Johnny Glock. When your looking for it, you can tell, but after dry firing this for a bit, I do not notice it at all,, and when shooting I highly doubt anyone would notice. The reset is short and very tactile, exactly like a regular Glock trigger. The really nice thing is, with this trigger, you can treat it like any other single action trigger. Glocks triggers work much better as far as accuracy and keeping them from shooting left or right, by treating them like a revolver trigger and using more trigger finger. This setup only needs the pad of the finger, just like a 320, M&P, PPQ, etc. etc.

This is a very good option for those with shorter fingers, that have always had that love hate with Glocks triggers. No need to wrap the finger around the trigger, you just have to press the trigger. another note, the trigger is essentially flat. Is it very comfortable, no sharp edges, and the trigger safety tab finally sits flush when you pull the trigger.

Some has said it is too light, and the break rolls like a minus connectors. I do not find either of those true in my example. My pull gage has walked off somewhere, but IMO the trigger is breaking in the 3.5 to 4 pound range. I do not find this worrisome in the least. Glock still has the trigger shoe safety tab, and that along with a good amount of take up, I don't feel this setup is unsafe to carry either on duty or in a CCW role. There is more take up than the 320's and there is still the trigger safety tab. That along with proper trigger discipline, and there shouldn't be any issues.

I have been running 320's for a good bit along with my Glocks. My description is this trigger puts Glock in the same category as most other fully cocked striker fired pistols. Is it the perfect trigger?, of course not. It does however move the Glock pistol in the right direction. IMO this is Glocks version of the 320 trigger, and I think they did a very good job, especially considering as I said before, this is a completely redesigned fire control system. This changes the way the Glock functions, fully cocked vs partially cocked. That also translates into less resistance for the shooter when pulling the trigger which means less movement of the pistol, and less tension required to overcome the trigger pulling movement.

As far as is it drop safe?, you bet. There is still a small shelf on the connector housing just the standard glock trigger. Well the sear and trigger bar are now separate, what is the sear drops? Nope, that can't happen either as there is now a hook on the sear, that goes over the top of the trigger bar. while in the forward resting position, the hook keeps the sear from travelling downward. As the trigger bar moves rearward, it clears the hook, which allows the sear to moved down once the trigger bar pushes it down. Someone really thought this out, and it is just as safe as the standard Glock trigger.

What I can tell you is, every one of my Gen 5 Glock will get one of these triggers. The best thing about this, it's a Glock factory part, and the build quality on it is very good. There are no fidlely small parts to break or get lost. It is more complicated than the current design, but it isn't overly complicate to the point of having small parts, and that's a huge plus.

Well that's all I have right now until I get it to range to really wring it out. If your on the fence about spending the money for one of these, here is what I would compare or measure it by. The 320, the M&P, XD, PPQ, PDP, or just about any other striker pistol out there, albeit not as light at the PPQ or PDP. The action of how the trigger works is what you can compare it to. Very light, take up, deinfed wall and nice break. Again this is based on my example of one, but if they re all like mine, Im sold.

Click for the video

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    No go with the gadget. The new trigger mechanism pushes the firing pin lug all the way to the rear. Makes sense if this is also how the Timney trigger works.

Name:  CECC8A0E-0153-45A3-A0C5-717444493C24.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  62.2 KB

Here’s another view showing the lug position with the tensioned striker.

Name:  4EB0207D-F23A-4FDB-B7DD-582A403A3E12.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  41.7 KB
    Last edited by DEG; 01-13-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Deleted, redundant due to post above.

Site Supporter
    Not Gadget compatible but still very likely safer than any other fully tensioned striker gun without a thumb safety as the sear is supported and can’t drop unless the trigger bar moves.

The hook on that sear is EXACTLY what I envisioned after getting a Timney Glock trigger, disassembling it, and seeing how it works. I'm glad somebody finally did it, and I hope other manufacturers take note.

Between that and the drop safety shelf on the trigger housing, this looks like it should actually be quite safe. I predict these triggers selling like crazy!

Among the competition, I believe that makes gen5 Glocks with this trigger the only fully-tensioned striker gun that completely restricts the sear from moving when the trigger isn't pulled. All others (P320, VP9, etc.) rely solely on sear spring tension and can theoretically release the striker if an impact with enough force overcomes the sear spring(s).

I personally would only consider one of these on a range and/or game gun. No SCD = no interest from me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I personally would only consider one of these on a range and/or game gun. No SCD = no interest from me.
    I feel exactly the same way about it. When carrying a striker fired pistol, especially AIWB *I* want one that is SCD compatible or that has a manual thumb safety and breaks around 4.5 lbs. Also, IMHO, while these Timney type trigger characteristics feel great, the practical in hand accuracy of a Glock pistol that has one will really not be any better than a Glock Gen 3,4 or 5 pistol that has a real **good** trigger job using conventional Glock OEM fire control parts. We can thank Timney for inventing this type of trigger and we can thank Glock for perfecting it.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-13-2023 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    So can a different connector be used to get a trigger pull weight back in the 5 pound range?

Jason
    My guess is yes. You could probably use a standard connector in it and that would likely bring the pull back to 5 pounds or more.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List