Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I got the email today too. Had to update my credit card, which hopefully didn't delay shipment by too much.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    I had to update my credit card also. Hmmm.... I'm sure it's okay.
    --Jason--

So, folks, explain this to me. We took something that has had a rep of running even if you treated it like a lawnmower and changed it into something that needs more care than a 1911 lockwork. Is it really worth it?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    So, folks, explain this to me. We took something that has had a rep of running even if you treated it like a lawnmower and changed it into something that needs more care than a 1911 lockwork. Is it really worth it?
    I think that totally depends on the application and the tolerance of the specific person using it.

For competition? If it gives you better/faster hits it could be worth the trade off considering the only down side would be if it locks up you bomb a stage.

For carry/duty? I would lean towards no, but I'm not someone who enjoys performing maintenance my guns and I can shoot fairly well with the stock gen 5 triggers. For someone who is going to clean/lube their gun every week either way it may not be a huge factor for them. Someone who really struggles with a stock Glock trigger but does well with the performance trigger may also find the trade off worth it if they feel that is the only way they could get adequate hits.

3 drops of lube every 3000 rounds is maintenance intensive?

Not a blip on my radar but to each his own.

That seems to be a bit of a hyperbolic description of a drop of oil every few thousand rounds. I already do that to the original Glock trigger.

Site Supporter
    Is this the part of this timeline where Glock has become the 1911?

All the Gucci Glock custom shops, shorter lighter triggers, different companies making different magazines of differing quality and people stuffing more rounds into glock 43 mags than they were originally designed for...

Now we finally have the part where a glock part requires a 1911 level of lubrication to work.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Many of us have duplicates of our carry guns, and put the wear and tear on the duplicates, not the carry guns. It would therefore be the duplicates that get regular attention.

Are we sure that the lube is required at the intervals discussed above? Are we sure that the gun will function well if it was fired for only 2,000 rounds, or carried for only 2 months?

Do we know the rate at which the lube is dripping out of place while the gun is being carried?

I am a big believer in keeping my carry guns well maintained, but work and family obligations can get in the way of everything happening perfectly. I need my guns to work under imperfect conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Is this the part of this timeline where Glock has become the 1911?

All the Gucci Glock custom shops, shorter lighter triggers, different companies making different magazines of differing quality and people stuffing more rounds into glock 43 mags than they were originally designed for...

Now we finally have the part where a glock part requires a 1911 level of lubrication to work.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Are you guys seriously not running Glocks with lubrication? It's right there in the manual: oil the slide rails, locking block interface, and connector. I actually run grease on the rails and in the locking block inteface of the barrel. It can run really dirty, but runs better lubricated. Do you guys run AR-15s that are also extremely reliable but should be run wet? Unless you have NP3 coating, metal on metal lubrication is a thing in every platform.

That’s a stretch… any weapon requires maintenance… and yes, this trigger is “worth it”…. It far surpasses any configuration of factory and non-factory trigger parts (connectors/springs/etc) that I’ve tried in any generation of Glock pistol. It’s pretty awesome.

I have a really good Johnny Glock trigger using Glock OEM parts in my Gen 5 G19, and carrying AIWB I can use the SCD with it for added safety and piece of mind. I tried the new Glock performance trigger and it had a little bit nicer trigger characteristics overall, but ** for me** it did not transfer into any significant accuracy or time gains, so I sold it.

User Tag List