Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Is the Johnny Gs shoe you refer to the “JG Vex” please?
    I installed the Johnny Glocks “GLOCK PERFORMANCE TRIGGER VEX SHOE UPGRADE”. It’s a little pricey at $100.00, but it works as advertised. I don’t mind paying a little more due to all his videos and knowledge he shares.

So the kids on Reddit are already trimming the safety tab to het these things to work and they’re expectedly futzing it up.

How long before Glock has to do something and what will it be??

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    So the kids on Reddit are already trimming the safety tab to het these things to work and they’re expectedly futzing it up.

I noticed on my copy, the trigger safety would hit the frame while pulling the trigger depending on my finger placement. If I had a really high grip and my finger up high on the trigger, it wouldn't deactivate the trigger safety fast enough. It didn't stop the trigger from being pulled, but did cause a hitch in the trigger press.

I moved my finger a little lower on the trigger shoe and haven't had the problem again. This was during dry fire. I never noticed it during live fire and didn't think about trigger finger placement at all.

It's possible it's a tolerance issue, but my expectation is that it's more so a user issue.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

I have the same issue. I had the issue on the johnny Glock vex trigger too. Johnny said

"It's a flat silhouette so you have to lend flat on it you're coming in in an angle. Other than that I have a video called flat face fixes on YouTube watch that. You can reduce spring tension on that safety and that's probably going to really help you out".

I trimmed the spring but still ended up shaving some material off the safety tab

Are these in stock anywhere currently? Or anyone not really liking theirs and wanna sell it to me haha. I was waiting for initial reviews before buying one, but I guess I should've just picked one up when I had the chance. Didn't think these would sell out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Are these in stock anywhere currently? Or anyone not really liking theirs and wanna sell it to me haha. I was waiting for initial reviews before buying one, but I guess I should've just picked one up when I had the chance. Didn't think these would sell out so quickly.
    Do you have any blue label stores near you? That's where I got mine

The more I think about this, the more I think I’ll pass. I have been shooting glocks for years. This includes competition, training, drills and plinking. Perhaps I’m just comfortable with the Glock triggers. That’s not to say that I haven’t done a bit of polishing and/or used minus connectors, but for me the Glock triggers work. The only caveat is I prefer a flat shoe. I like the apex shoe.

Had an interesting experience last week. I’ve been sidelined due to health issues for the past 7 months. I use to shoot weekly prior to that. I had to qualify last week. Took 4 glocks. 3 had well worn in stock triggers and one had an overwatch triggerbar/shoe. As I ran the guns through the qual, 3 felt like old friends. The OW felt odd and it took me a moment to get on my game. For some reason, the apex shoe isn’t a problem but I don’t use them on my ccw guns. Needless to say I removed the overwatch trigger.

It seems to me that folks keep chasing after the ultimate trigger for a Glock. When I’m in the mood for a good trigger, I shoot one of my custom/ competition 1911’s.

YMMV
    Cheers, Steve

I tried the + connector with the Performance Trigger today. Ultimately I did not care for how it altered the trigger. It certainly stiffens the trigger and increases the weight, with a very firm and hard break. But the 'forgiveness' was gone - I found (for me) that it introduced some anticipation issues and I would throw the occasional shot (something that was noticeably absent during my prior trip with the dot connector installed). Though I was able to shoot high 90s on the B8 at 25 yards, I was working hard to do it.

So the dot connector is back in the gun, but I'm still not quite sure where I'm going with this trigger.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I tried the + connector with the Performance Trigger today. Ultimately I did not care for how it altered the trigger. It certainly stiffens the trigger and increases the weight, with a very firm and hard break. But the 'forgiveness' was gone - I found (for me) that it introduced some anticipation issues and I would throw the occasional shot (something that was noticeably absent during my prior trip with the dot connector installed). Though I was able to shoot high 90s on the B8 at 25 yards, I was working hard to do it.

So the dot connector is back in the gun, but I'm still not quite sure where I'm going with this trigger.
    Yep, I’ve found that I suffered at speed with the plus connector. My favorite setup at the moment is a 5.5 connector and 6lb striker spring. Has a better wall than the dot connector but still forgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Yep, I’ve found that I suffered at speed with the plus connector. My favorite setup at the moment is a 5.5 connector and 6lb striker spring. Has a better wall than the dot connector but still forgivable.
    With the firing pin being fully cocked the striker spring is already fully tensioned and held by the sear. Therefore the weight of the firing pin spring doesn't significantly affect the trigger pull. The pretravel tension is from the trigger spring and in small part the firing pin safety spring.

User Tag List