Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    @GJM you have a lot of gats it seems what is this trigger most like?

A 365, shield plus, P320, VP9

Soft break like Shield plus, bit of a decreasing tension, rolling brake, like a 365?

I don’t think actual weights are meaningful without context

Thanks
    In terms of comparing to other strikers, it is very hard for me to separate the trigger from the rest of the Glock grip, grip angle and recoil characteristics, but I can easily say it is the best Gen 5 Glock trigger I have experienced. Some Gen 3 triggers have been awesome but then you didn't get the other Gen 5 benefits like the mag opening, breach cut and accuracy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In terms of comparing to other strikers, it is very hard for me to separate the trigger from the rest of the Glock grip, grip angle and recoil characteristics, but I can easily say it is the best Gen 5 Glock trigger I have experienced. Some Gen 3 triggers have been awesome but then you didn't get the other Gen 5 benefits like the mag opening, breach cut and accuracy.
    I would completely concur. I just installed three of them in my GSSF guns. I'd add that it's what I understand a "rolling break" to be. That's not my preference, but it's still a hell of an improvement in the staple gun like feel of the Glock trigger. Those 25 yard targets are going to get hit better for sure.

My first impressions dry pressing and comparing after install. I've yet to shoot it live though. Clipped from a convo with a friend.

It's a very nice trigger. I'm not convinced that it is suitable for carry for me... pretty light. Very reminiscent of a performance center m&p trigger but with less pretravel. More pretravel than a 320 max i have available for comparison. I actually think the pretravel is standard glock just no tension. There is a wall but it's faint but seems predictable. More wall than my fancy overwatch/ghost trigger. Definitely the answer for games i think. That's just initial impression from dry practice.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 04-24-2023 at 05:40 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Something i forgot, the trigger shoe is great. The safety tab falls flush and while it's mostly flat there is a small amount of angle at the bottom that keeps your finger from rubbing the frame. At least for me. I really dig it and want to see if it will fit a standard trigger bar.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Hopefully they’ll come out with one for the large frame models .

Another 250 in today but this time it was with a zeroed EPS. With the dot, it showed me groups i could not shoot this well with the 19.5 stock trigger. Ragged holes about 2.5 - 3 inches wide @ 15 yards, 1 second between shots. I am beyond pleased with this trigger aside from it's "meh" aesthetics.

Once I hit 1000 with no hiccups, im calling it good, oiling it up again and putting it in rotation amongst a Shield and a LCP Max.

Site Supporter
    I have installed two now, one in a 17 and the other in a 45. Interestingly, the 45 break is noticeably lighter than the 17’s. I don’t have a gauge to measure, but if I had to guess probably around a half pound lighter. Feel is very similar.

Myself and another guy in my unit both are not sure about them for duty use yet. Both of mine are in personal guns and not working guns. To paraphrase others more notable than I, we spend a lot more time not shooting people than shooting people, and and there is not as much room for changing a decision with this trigger compared to the regular Glock trigger.

On another note, and apologies if this has been mentioned, does anyone know if these are compatible with Dry-Fire mags? I have not been able to find anything on it anywhere.
    Polite Professional

So I uploaded my trigger test rig data to a public interactive graph. Tested a stock Gen5 trigger and Glock Performance with OEM connectors. They're stock other than about 1000 dry fires to break them in. I also tested a "P1" custom spring I'm working on. Everything can be filtered for easy comparison. Below is a cheat sheet on how to interpret the graphs. I ended up reprogramming the rig so now it takes into account the additional overtravel created when the trigger is pinned back and the slide is cycled. This shows the true reset distance. I had to set the "finger" of the rig a little lower than where your finger naturally rests due to clearance issues, so the weights are about 15% lighter than what you'd expect, but they're consistent and repeatable enough to make valid comparisons.

Link to graph: https://public.tableau.com/app/profi...1Spring/Sheet1

Graph cheat sheet:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    One of the guys at the range had one of these on his G45.

It's definitely impressive how Glock made a trigger that can very clearly compete with the fancy aftermarket triggers out there.

I am still very not sold on the idea of one of these joints on a defensive firearm, but I also don't think a PPQ or a VP9 that great as a defensive pistol either.

For a competition setup, it's very impressive.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List