Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Anyone with multiple GPTs notice differences among them? I have two and the first one I got is better than the second one I bought in that it breaks in a more rolling fashion and there's almost no over-travel. The 2nd one has more over-travel. I'm seriously considering buying a third GPT to try in the hope that it feels more like the first one. Anyone else done this?
    I remember reading that the team Glock members would go thru trigger sets to find sets that suited them and then keep them together as kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Anyone with multiple GPTs notice differences among them? I have two and the first one I got is better than the second one I bought in that it breaks in a more rolling fashion and there's almost no over-travel. The 2nd one has more over-travel. I'm seriously considering buying a third GPT to try in the hope that it feels more like the first one. Anyone else done this?
    I remember reading that the team Glock members would go thru trigger sets to find sets that suited them and then keep them together as kits.
    I have three, with varying round counts but all >1000. I have 3000+ rounds on one.
    The takeup and break are all very similar, but the reset developed to be weak and 'stagey' on 2 out of 3. The one with the highest round count never developed the ugly reset.
    All are cleaned and get the air hose and lube at 200-250 rounds or so.

The GPTs seem to exibit the same sample to sample variances as regular Glock trigger components.

I like there to be a little bit of a wall on my triggers (probably because I’m so used to stock Glock triggers). I blow right through the GPT wall unless I really slow down and pay attention.
    So I tried a + (8 pound) Glock connector in the GPT. What a difference. The wall was very pronounced and the break was like a glass rod. Unfortunately it was a 1” thick glass rod. [emoji3]
    Back to the drawing board.

Anybody else try a different connector with better results?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    I like there to be a little bit of a wall on my triggers (probably because I’m so used to stock Glock triggers). I blow right through the GPT wall unless I really slow down and pay attention.
    So I tried a + (8 pound) Glock connector in the GPT. What a difference. The wall was very pronounced and the break was like a glass rod. Unfortunately it was a 1” thick glass rod. [emoji3]
    Back to the drawing board.

Anybody else try a different connector with better results?

That makes sense and matches what people have done with Timneys. If the 8lb was too heavy maybe try an unmarked gen 3 connector since that will be between the stock gen 5 dot connector and the 8lb?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    That makes sense and matches what people have done with Timneys. If the 8lb was too heavy maybe try an unmarked gen 3 connector since that will be between the stock gen 5 dot connector and the 8lb?
    Thanks. I had considered that, but wasn’t sure if that half pound (5lb dot vs 5.5 unmarked) would be enough of a difference to be meaningful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I often notice differences in trigger feel while dry firing, that seem significant but that aren't obvious live firing. You guys talking dry or live fire?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    Thanks. I had considered that, but wasn’t sure if that half pound (5lb dot vs 5.5 unmarked) would be enough of a difference to be meaningful.

Glock triggers always feel completely different based on individual gun fit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    I have three, with varying round counts but all >1000. I have 3000+ rounds on one.
    The takeup and break are all very similar, but the reset developed to be weak and 'stagey' on 2 out of 3. The one with the highest round count never developed the ugly reset.
    All are cleaned and get the air hose and lube at 200-250 rounds or so.

The GPTs seem to exibit the same sample to sample variances as regular Glock trigger components.
    I have 2 from the first run and 3 from the second. Honestly I would say across the guns they are more consistent than other glock triggers, but I agree that I think it's just normal sample variances across the trigger groups and frames.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I often notice differences in trigger feel while dry firing, that seem significant but that aren't obvious live firing. You guys talking dry or live fire?
    For me, i noticed the heavy wall while Dry-firing. With the regular dot connector, my G17 and G34 with GPT felt pretty close to one another.

These are tempting me. My gen 5 G17 has a rough trigger. I’m thinking this might be a good fix.
    These are good to go as far as reliability?

User Tag List