Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    There was also a technical change as noted earlier, the older part number is a 4 lb trigger, the newer says 5 lb trigger.

Did they change the connector on the new model or is this like they used to call the minus a 3.5 lb and now it's a 4.5 lb???
    I have six GPTs with the original part #70272. A new Glock with a new GPT #70272 pulls right around 5 lbs on my scale, so I am not clear if Glock increased the return spring strength on the new part 74332 or just put a more realistic pull weight on the box. Anyway, the new part isn't in stock at my preferred retailer yet, but when I get one I'll compare them and post.

At this point I have over 4,000 rounds on two training pistols with GPTs and have yet to encounter any issues. They both pull about 4.5 lbs now and the pull has smoothed out a bit, but the wall and break are still well defined. Not as good as my M&P M2.0 Apex forward set trigger, but not that far behind.

I don't recall if I applied any lube to the trigger after doing so on initial installation (note: there are some new lube points on the GPT in addition to the connector), but I'll shoot about 6,000 rounds training over the coming months and will make a note not to lube my GPTs and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Did you get those paws from a grizzly? 😁
    HAHHAHA, my co workers make fun of my hands all the time.

G48
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Did you get those paws from a grizzly? 😁
    @SW CQB 45We might be brothers. Mines got the high frontstrap cut you want.
    Name:  IMG_5674.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  27.8 KBName:  IMG_5675.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  24.6 KB
    Last edited by UNK; 02-15-2024 at 12:58 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    My biggest complaint with it, was the fact the trigger shoe itself is larger front to rear than the standard trigger, increasing the reach, especially for me and my medium hands. If it had a thinner trigger shoe or at least the same size as the standard, I would still have them.
    This is what threw me off when I rented a G17 with a GPT. After that, I shot a few Glock 19s belonging to other people at the range that also had GPTs. While the weight reduction is very much felt, the difference in the size of the shoe wasn't something I could get used to. My fingers are on the shorter side so the change in shoe size definitely affects trigger reach (for me, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    It is rather odd, that it has shown to be less reliable than the standard trigger. The reason I say that is because of the fact it was designed by Glock and some high speed low drag folks at Quantico. I verified this as one of our guys was at the NA during the GPT's initial released, and I had him reach out to firearms guys while he was there, and got the word first hand.

It does provide exactly what it was designed for, a lighter less disturbing trigger pull on a Glock pistol. Unfortunately, it also degrades the reliability of the trigger pull as well.

I had a few of them I ran for a few thousand rounds, and never experienced any issues with it and didn't have any special cleaning rituals for them. I just cleaned it and lubed it like I do the standard fire controls and it ran fine. There are numerous reports of problems with it so I do believe it isn't a superior design by any means.

My biggest complaint with it, was the fact the trigger shoe itself is larger front to rear than the standard trigger, increasing the reach, especially for me and my medium hands. If it had a thinner trigger shoe or at least the same size as the standard, I would still have them. I know you can replace the shoe with a JG shoe, but I don't want a $150 plus non factory trigger in any of my duty pistols. YMMV.

TXPO

I'm friends with a few of "those guys" at Quantico. From what I've been told, they are shooting standard M triggers. There seems to be some internal debate about making the switch to the GPT. This info is current as of today.

Received, installed and spent some time with one of the new GPTs (p/n 74332).

This is indeed a different/updated part, not just the same GPT packaged together with a backplate.

My observations after comparing it to older GPTs and doing a couple dry firing sessions. SUBJECTIVE, sample of one, ymmv and all the usual disclaimers apply here.

- The trigger bar is stippled in the rear portion that contacts the frame. As if it was intended to be self cleaning ?

- The coating on the metal parts is very different. All my old GPTs are dull grey. This one is a brighter yellow-ish finish.

- Weight feels heavier than my old GPTs. But my old GPTs are well used, so who knows. Subjectively, this now feels much cleaner but a bit heavier than an OEM minus connector. Most of the weight is at the wall.

- Reset is (again, subjectively) springy enough. Not as positive as an OEM connector, but better than the older GPTs.

- The trigger shoes seems redesigned. I can't get it to hang up in the frame no matter where and how I manipulate the trigger. This was a big issue for me in the older GPTs.

- Uses standard dot connector.

For reference, if it helps you interpret the above, I have approx 8000k on 'first gen' GPTs, and have been a devoted Glock shooter/user for 2 decades (OEM parts only).
    I had discontinued using GPTs in Fall last year, due to all my samples (always cleaned & lubed) starting to exibit sticky and multi-stage reset.

I'm going to test this new one to 5k (dry fire, practice & matches only. No other uses for now). All the changes mentioned above do make me hopeful that Glock has silently addressed problems and released this new version.

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post

This is indeed a different/updated part, not just the same GPT packaged together with a backplate.

My observations after comparing it to older GPTs and doing a couple dry firing sessions. SUBJECTIVE, sample of one, ymmv and all the usual disclaimers apply here.

- The trigger bar is stippled in the rear portion that contacts the frame. As if it was intended to be self cleaning ?

- The coating on the metal parts is very different. All my old GPTs are dull grey. This one is a brighter yellow-ish finish.

- Weight feels heavier than my old GPTs. But my old GPTs are well used, so who knows. Subjectively, this now feels much cleaner but a bit heavier than an OEM minus connector. Most of the weight is at the wall.

- Reset is (again, subjectively) springy enough. Not as positive as an OEM connector, but better than the older GPTs.

- The trigger shoes seems redesigned. I can't get it to hang up in the frame no matter where and how I manipulate the trigger. This was a big issue for me in the older GPTs.

- Uses standard dot connector.

For reference, if it helps you interpret the above, I have approx 8000k on 'first gen' GPTs, and have been a devoted Glock shooter/user for 2 decades (OEM parts only).
    I had discontinued using GPTs in Fall last year, due to all my samples (always cleaned & lubed) starting to exibit sticky and multi-stage reset.

I'm going to test this new one to 5k (dry fire, practice & matches only. No other uses for now). All the changes mentioned above do make me hopeful that Glock has silently addressed problems and released this new version.

Toss it in the dirt and see if it'll reset.

Did the new version GPT packaging contain the NIJ trigger warning? Curious on what this new, yellow coating is… DLC, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post

Are you able to post a side by side pic of the old and new GPT? At least the visually verifiable points you listed like stippled trigger bar and yellowish finish hue are present on my GPTs with the older part #70272.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    Did the new version GPT packaging contain the NIJ trigger warning? Curious on what this new, yellow coating is… DLC, perhaps?
    No NIJ/LE trigger warning on this one

User Tag List