Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I believe you are correct, but a control device to arrest rearward travel of the trigger bar would have the same function. I'm absolutely not an expert, but if you skip to about 1:10 in this TFBTV video linked below, it's difficult for me to see how a SCD-equivalent could be made to work with this trigger. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to be wrong.

EDIT: After carefully looking at Texaspoff's pictures, I decided to give one a try. Glockstore.com has the triggers for MSRP.
    Yeah unfortunately based on it's design and how the SCD works, it isn't going to be compatible with this trigger system.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Johnny Glocks Part 2

https://youtu.be/6amAxjJb4sI

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    Johnny Glocks Part 2

https://youtu.be/6amAxjJb4sI
    Cliff notes version?

I was speaking with someone earlier who is very knowledgeable about Glock triggers, the SCD design and much more, and his comment was "HK should have designed something similar to the new Glock trigger, in terms of supporting the sear, to avoid the mallet/dead trigger problem."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Cliff notes version?

I was speaking with someone earlier who is very knowledgeable about Glock triggers, the SCD design and much more, and his comment was "HK should have designed something similar to the new Glock trigger, in terms of supporting the sear, to avoid the mallet/dead trigger problem."
    I need to buy a lottery ticket. I theorized that sear safety hook design almost 1 year ago (under the "Planned Mods" section).

I'm hoping the fact that a major manufacturer like Glock implemented this, that it will be a sea change event for the industry and future new striker designs from others will see similar features. There's really no good reason not to do so considering the simplicity of the feature and how it can eliminate one entire safety issue completely.

If Glock discontinues the 17, and then becomes the pistol with the best OEM trigger I think I’ll just quit trying to understand the world and try not to get old and outdated too quick.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I believe you are correct, but a control device to arrest rearward travel of the trigger bar would have the same function. I'm absolutely not an expert, but if you skip to about 1:10 in this TFBTV video linked below, it's difficult for me to see how a SCD-equivalent could be made to work with this trigger. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to be wrong.

EDIT: After carefully looking at Texaspoff's pictures, I decided to give one a try. Glockstore.com has the triggers for MSRP.
    In the video Shane says:

"It should be around 3.5lbs and with a minus connector even more." meaning even less trigger weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I need to buy a lottery ticket. I theorized that sear safety hook design almost 1 year ago (under the "Planned Mods" section).

I'm hoping the fact that a major manufacturer like Glock implemented this, that it will be a sea change event for the industry and future new striker designs from others will see similar features. There's really no good reason not to do so considering the simplicity of the feature and how it can eliminate one entire safety issue completely.
    I'm not sure why no one had come up with the design previously. It's very ingenious, yet ridiculously simple how they did it.

Other manufacturers are simply relying on the fact their striker block safeties will work in the event of the striker slipping off the sear. Their striker blocks are the primary safety system to prevent unintentional discharges in the event of the striker slipping the sear.

Glock designed the sear assembly so that it is mechanically impossible for the striker to slip off the sear in the first place. Glock was able to keep the striker block safety as a fail safe rather than it being the primary safety like other manufactures.

I know we all like to give Glock grief over their R&D or lack there of sometimes, but they did a good job on this design. Anyone who installs and carries this trigger should do so without worry of any type of ND incident barring a complete failure of multiple safety systems, and the odds or that are almost immeasurable.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 01-20-2023 at 07:40 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Curious if the firing pin spring would require increased replacement cycle with this performance trigger given it is now under tension in a reset battery condition. This is assuming it is used for duty/carry pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxy View Post
    Curious if the firing pin spring would require increased replacement cycle with this performance trigger given it is now under tension in a reset battery condition. This is assuming it is used for duty/carry pistols.
    I suspect it may shorten it slightly due to the fact the springs will be in fully cocked, rather than partial, but I doubt it will make a noticeable difference in spring life.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Has anyone been able to measure the amount of sear engagement?

User Tag List