Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    With the firing pin being fully cocked the striker spring is already fully tensioned and held by the sear. Therefore the weight of the firing pin spring doesn't significantly affect the trigger pull. The pretravel tension is from the trigger spring and in small part the firing pin safety spring.
    And the different connectors have different angles which give different "feels" and weight changes.

Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    With the firing pin being fully cocked the striker spring is already fully tensioned and held by the sear. Therefore the weight of the firing pin spring doesn't significantly affect the trigger pull. The pretravel tension is from the trigger spring and in small part the firing pin safety spring.
    You are releasing a tensioned part. The release component is going to have more pressure on it from the higher rate firing pin spring. I would think this would still give you some difference in trigger feel.

With or without the trimmed housing tab (aka Gen4 mod)… has anyone tried one in a G44?

Mine are on back order with the local blue label shop

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    With or without the trimmed housing tab (aka Gen4 mod)… has anyone tried one in a G44?
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns...23223#i2423223

Anybody else order from Glockmeister last week? They were back in stock Tuesday for a short time but still no shipping info.

So far my opinion on the GPT is that it's better than a stock trigger but not as good my Timney triggers. The minus connector made it a little better.

If there's a way to lighten the pre-travel I think it could be on par or better than the Timney.

So far, my opinion is the GPT offers little to no advantage over a similar weight factory trigger.

My performance to date with the GPT is less than half a percent better than with the factory trigger, which is both insignificant and well within the variability of my performance on any given day.

However, I have many years and many, many repetitions through the factory triggers. I'd have more confidence picking up the GPT and shooting it without regular practice. It's very shootable as some have said. I do find shooting the factory trigger a bit of an acquired skill, which is more quickly perishable than some.

Hopefully shoot the trigger in a match this Saturday. After 1100 rds and lots of dry fire trigger still feels great. I’ll be ordering more when they are back in stock.

Received mine today, packaging totally smashed up, thanks USPS

Was previously running a Ghost Angel connector with a reduced power striker block spring, 4.5# striker spring and a Tyr trigger shoe.

Swapped to an OEM 5.5# striker spring and tried it with the dot connector, felt good, then tried a minus connector, felt better.

Took it all apart and polished everything, really like everything about it, no grit, weight is good, break is rolling like I prefer. May eventually try a different trigger shoe, but I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I tried the + connector with the Performance Trigger today. Ultimately I did not care for how it altered the trigger. It certainly stiffens the trigger and increases the weight, with a very firm and hard break. But the 'forgiveness' was gone - I found (for me) that it introduced some anticipation issues and I would throw the occasional shot (something that was noticeably absent during my prior trip with the dot connector installed). Though I was able to shoot high 90s on the B8 at 25 yards, I was working hard to do it.

So the dot connector is back in the gun, but I'm still not quite sure where I'm going with this trigger.

Everyone wants a crisp break until they start doing crisp break things..

User Tag List