Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    So I just left a local gun range and used their lyman digital trigger gauge. 3 sets of three pulls each in the middle of the trigger shoe yielded a consistent 4 pound break each and every time. Not an average an actual 4 pound break.

With the Glock OEM standard connector installed, same testing criteria yielded 4.5 consistently.

I suspect an OEM + connector would likely hit the 5 pound range.

Personally 4 pounds is perfectly acceptable for a duty trigger.

For shits and grins we tested the pull at the bottom of the trigger shoe and was able to click off 3.4 pound pulls consistently.

TXPO
    I have one inbound, how hard is it to change the connector out for the standard, 4 1/2 lbs sounds perfect.
    Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    I have one inbound, how hard is it to change the connector out for the standard, 4 1/2 lbs sounds perfect.
    Thanks
    Steve
    IMHO, once shown how to do it my someone or possibly a youtube vid, very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Thanks
    Steve
    It isn't terribly hard. The trigger return spring has a small tab that sits on the trigger bar. That is the trickiest part when reassembling it. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

I still haven't actually live fired it, but I can go with the Dot connector or the standard. The difference between 4 and 4.5 pounds on a trigger pull is negligible and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

It certainly isn't enough to make the difference between a pistols trigger action being safe or unsafe to carry IMO.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Glock is going to sell millions of these things.

Just got my OEM Performance Trigger in the mail (from Brownells)…

Wow. I’m floored. This is “The One”… the Glock trigger we’ve been searching for.

Thanks mine should be here soon from Brownells

I’m in on this as soon as I can find a dealer who has stock in Canada. I like my Timney’s and they are reliable for me after some tuning in my IPSC guns, but it I have to believe that Glock’s take on this trigger will be more reliable over time.

I’m rather mystified by members here who would consider putting this trigger, or any non OEM trigger mod in their carry gun, but maybe that is a topic for another thread.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I’m in on this as soon as I can find a dealer who has stock in Canada. I like my Timney’s and they are reliable for me after some tuning in my IPSC guns, but it I have to believe that Glock’s take on this trigger will be more reliable over time.

I’m rather mystified by members here who would consider putting this trigger, or any non OEM trigger mod in their carry gun, but maybe that is a topic for another thread.
    This is an OEM trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is an OEM trigger.
    Right, wrong term. Still mystified.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Right, wrong term. Still mystified.
    My understanding is that Glock developed this trigger in response to a Federal LE SWAT team request.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In a way, Glock’s release of this trigger is a tacit admission that things may not have been perfect…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List