Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken Block gone

Ken Block gone

Between Hamlin's cardiac arrest and Renner's injury Ken Block's dying didn't make it high up on the news roster.
    Tragic. I am no car racer but I enjoyed his videos.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64150191
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

A real tragedy. I was never a huge fan but grew to appreciate his skill and what he brought to the sport especially in the US. His DC shoe company, Gymkhana and rally efforts were impressive. He seemed to be maturing and taking less risk while bringing his eldest daughter into motorsports carefully. Sad as he was too young. Reminds me of the loss of Colin McRae, Richard Burns and Michael Schumacher losses. None doing the risky sports they are known for.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    This one hurts...
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I'm not a car guy, or a big race guy. I was absolutely stunned to find out about his passing.

Watched a video of him coaching his daughter with a "daily driver" build. I was impressed with the apparent bond they shared. Condolences to family and friends.

Ugh. He was a bit of a hometown hero because a guy I went to HS with was his location scout. RIP, hoonigan.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Was stunned to hear this one.

But at least the movies in Car Heaven will be lit:

Name:  9886D30C-1161-4ACB-AF0F-56DE1BDF6DB8.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  36.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    None doing the risky sports they are known for.
    I do not want this to be misconstrued, because I liked the guy and enjoyed the stuff he did, but I am sure he snowmobiled in a pretty risky manner as well. I am (was) just a trail rider in the flatlands, but there is a mountain riding stunt called high marking (leaving a mark in the snow higher than your friends). This sometimes results in you bouncing back down the mountain with a ~500 pound recreational vehicle bouncing down the mountain with you, and the news reports were that he was riding a steep incline and the sled fell back onto him.

Here is a rando compilation video I found. In the second one (maybe the spookiest one...) that beeping sound is engagement (it actually starts the 2-stroke counter-rotating) of reverse

ETA: IOWs pretty sure he wouldn't want to be remembered as someone who died accidently while snowmobiling down a groomed trail and stopping at all the stop signs, more likely he would want to be remembered as someone who biffed it right after he set the highest mark of the day.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-03-2023 at 06:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    I remember when dc shoes came out. We lost a good one.

Fearless behind the wheel, and a decent person in life. He’ll be missed.

User Tag List