Thread: Tunnel Vision while shooting

Tunnel Vision while shooting

I think this clip shows how easy it is to get tunnel vision while shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebean View Post
    I think this clip shows how easy it is to get tunnel vision while shooting.

You understand this video is an advertisement made by a company trying to use “tunnel vision” to sell their pop up target system ? Yes ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You understand this video is an advertisement made by a company trying to use “tunnel vision” to sell their pop up target system ? Yes ?
    I understand this is a video from the company, almost like it is on their YouTube channel... That doesn't mean it doesn't have merit, unless you think every video created by any company is complete BS, but maybe you do. What tools do you use to help with tunnel vision, since it sounds like you think this is stupid, I would love some knowledge!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebean View Post
    I understand this is a video from the company, almost like it is on their YouTube channel... That doesn't mean it doesn't have merit, unless you think every video created by any company is complete BS, but maybe you do. What tools do you use to help with tunnel vision, since it sounds like you think this is stupid, I would love some knowledge!
    In this context “tunnel vision” is a physiological stress response to life or death threats.

What is purportedly shown in that video is simply a failure of situational awareness, or at most task fixation.

It doesn’t have merit because one doesn’t fix or address the other.

Both stress inoculation and situational awareness are best trained in force on force, not live fire.

User Tag List