Thread: M&P9 weird recoil characteristics, worn out range gun?

M&P9 weird recoil characteristics, worn out range gun?

I've been considering branching out from the 1911 to the M&P9 or the P30... I gave the M&P9 a shot at the local range, and it had the weirdest recoil feeling. Felt like someone was slapping my palm with a PVC pipe. Glocks didn't do this, H&Ks didn't, but both M&P9 (fs and 9L) did. Just really, really sharp.

Could this be due to worn out springs? My hands are small and they only had the medium backstrap, could it have been that? I couldn't get the best purchase with my smaller hands.

The M&P's are the SOFTEST feeling pistols I have ever shot in each of the common service calibers--way gentler for me than Glocks, Sigs, HK's, 1911's.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The M&P's are the SOFTEST feeling pistols I have ever shot in each of the common service calibers--way gentler for me than Glocks, Sigs, HK's, 1911's.
    I completely agree. Somethings gotta be up with that gun... I kept my M&P for a while strictly as a mom/sister gun. They are super new shooters and had no problem with the recoil.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I'll third this sentiment.

User Tag List