Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kindle app/device font size and age thread

Kindle app/device font size and age thread

Font size 2, 48. I vastly prefer the Kindle device itself.
    #RESIST

You piqued my curiosity so I figured out that I am on Font size 2 as well. Couldn't find the age but its an 11th generation Fire. It's also my fourth one, had it about 2 1\2 years if memory serves. Two of the other three were working fine but family "decided" I needed a new one.

Site Supporter
    iPad. On my second one as of last summer - the first was a mini, this one is a standard size. The mini was 7 or 8 years old, gen 2 with the hi-res screen. I used one with the original lower-res screen at work for a while, and that sucked.

Kindle app - my current font size is right in the middle of the range. Whatever size that is.

iPad mini has been a game changer for me.

I dismissed the mini for years until a friend and coworker got one. I will say, if you have the max zoom dweebie mom phone, maybe the size increase isn’t enough to go from phone to iPad mini.

Fits in my current dad-bag/murse/Fanny-pack, light enough to hold one-handed, big enough to not be flicking pages constantly (which I do when reading on my phone), big enough to watch movies and do other stuff on when not reading (multi-talker vs uni-tasker).

Only downside is distraction. I’m the kind of wandering mind that will wonder about something in the middle of reading. On the uni-tasker that means either (a) digging out phone to look something up or (b) not bothering. I find I get my reading interrupted maybe 5-10x more often with the iPad.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I read on a paperwhite and an iPhone 13 Pro Max. The iPhone shows 15 font grades for Bookerly, and mine is sitting on 8. The kindle is on size 4. I change the font size depending on whether I’m wearing contacts — if I am I kick the kindle up to 6. The paperwhite is much better. I also read a lot of paper books (right now I’m reading Red Storm Rising on the Kindle and phone, and Ratzinger’s “Principles of Catholic Theology” in paper).
    Ignore Alien Orders

I've never paid attention to what the font size is on the kindle or the Moon+ app I also use to read on it.

I just set it to the smallest font I can to get as much info on the page as I can. Since so many books have a different sized font, it's not unusual to do so periodically.

I wear 1.25x reading glasses with the Kindle or when I read on my iPhone 13. (Only wear them for computer and reading on the devices.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Deleted.

Forgot to mention that I don’t wear glasses or contacts. Yet.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I'll have to check what size mine is set too, but my wife and I both love our Kindle Oasis's.

I’m 59 and I read on the Kindle app on my iPad. I think it’s font size 3
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List