Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kindle app/device font size and age thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    iPad. On my second one as of last summer - the first was a mini, this one is a standard size. The mini was 7 or 8 years old, gen 2 with the hi-res screen. I used one with the original lower-res screen at work for a while, and that sucked.

Kindle app - my current font size is right in the middle of the range. Whatever size that is.
    Dammit. My 6 month old iPad, in a case, took a header off the counter last night and the screen completely disintegrated. Gah!!! Of to Best Buy today to see if they can get it fixed.

43. No corrective eyewear. Font size 1 or 2 on my paper white. Some books seem to have slightly different default font sizes so I occasionally switch between the two.

Site Supporter
    49 (just a few months away from 50)
    Font size 4 with narrow spacing and tight margins on a Kindle Paperwhite.
    I wear glasses (reading/computer up till this year, now I have progressives).

Chris

My big old Kindle DX will no longer wireless connect and I can't even side load it off this iMac.

So I read on iPad. It doesn't show the font size but I can say I have it larger than a paperback or book club edition.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

77. Font size large on my Kindle. Cataracts done in both eyes, astigmatism and glasses with bi-focals. The only reason it's not set on largest is because then the page is sometimes bigger than the screen and I can't see it all.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Dammit. My 6 month old iPad, in a case, took a header off the counter last night and the screen completely disintegrated. Gah!!! Of to Best Buy today to see if they can get it fixed.
    Well, that cost almost $300 to order a replacement. iCloud sucks. Had to backup to my laptop instead of iCloud.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Font size 2, 48. I vastly prefer the Kindle device itself.
    How is it compared to books themselves?

I ask because before the Paperwhite. I had a Nook that was better with lighting (don't remember model), in part due to B&N being local. I found used books to be so much more cheap then digital books and tended to use the Nook for only GPL'd Linux stuff.

User Tag List