Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Thought exercise -- EDC/field/training pistol for you and 50 friends

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I have not read the thread past the first 4 posts but I immediately thought " "Grab a bunch of Glock 19s and be done."

That formula has been working all over the globe. Literally. From various SMUs, to U.S. government agencies, even to the Iraqi police academy, where the average IP could jack up a hockey puck.

Just go to the rack and grab a G19 and call it done.
    Hahaha, worked for basically everyone except for the IP's, (minus a few real ass kickers) if they'd just had stopped selling them and then buying cheap Tariq's to replace them. But I digress. G19 MOS would be my pick. Holosuns or RMR's to top. I love the P365X and XL series and they run great but I am not so sure they'd handle long term rough handling/field use as others pointed out.
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-05-2023 at 10:41 AM.

I think the Gunsite offering is solid. My only quibble is the rear Ameriglo sight is needlessly sharp. With a direct milled installation of the 509, they could have gone with a lower height BUIS set, like the CHPWS that has a rounded rear profile.

I had no knowledge of this before today. Since they plan to scale this, it is interesting that their configuration was close.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the Gunsite offering is solid. My only quibble is the rear Ameriglo sight is needlessly sharp. With a direct milled installation of the 509, they could have gone with a lower height BUIS set, like the CHPWS that has a rounded rear profile.

I had no knowledge of this before today. Since they plan to scale this, it is interesting that their configuration was close.
    I reallyfuckinghate gunwriters...

is there a bulleted list of what they offer? I don't want to read through the author's expose on whether Cooper's left nut hung lower than the right.

ETA:
    At least there's this
    https://www.gunsitestore.com/product...-glock-45-9mm/

A 9mm, Glock 45 Model with these modifications:
    • Ameriglo Suppressor Sights
    • FBI Mag Release (A bit larger than the standard release and has rounded edges.)
    • Lanyard Loop in the tradition of the original Gunsite Service Pistol.
    • Minus connector for better trigger press.
    • Glock has milled the slide for Military, LE & Gunsite Academy.
    • Holosun 509T reflect optical sight directly mounted to the slide.
    • API (American Pistol Institute) serial number.
    • Bird & Gunsite logo (“Bird and the Word”) on the slide.

All for $1,275. how do we feel about that price? I do love me some turnkey, but may a $1k+ Glock....

ETA 2:
    Glock 45 MOS - $620
    Holoson HE509T - $430

$1,050 total?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I reallyfuckinghate gunwriters...

is there a bulleted list of what they offer? I don't want to read through the author's expose on whether Cooper's left nut hung lower than the right.

ETA:
    At least there's this
    https://www.gunsitestore.com/product...-glock-45-9mm/

A 9mm, Glock 45 Model with these modifications:
    • Ameriglo Suppressor Sights
    • FBI Mag Release (A bit larger than the standard release and has rounded edges.)
    • Lanyard Loop in the tradition of the original Gunsite Service Pistol.
    • Minus connector for better trigger press.
    • Glock has milled the slide for Military, LE & Gunsite Academy.
    • Holosun 509T reflect optical sight directly mounted to the slide.
    • API (American Pistol Institute) serial number.
    • Bird & Gunsite logo (“Bird and the Word”) on the slide.

All for $1,275. how do we feel about that price? I do love me some turnkey, but may a $1k+ Glock....

ETA 2:
    Glock 45 MOS - $620
    Holoson HE509T - $430

$1,050 total?
    The GSP version is a direct mill so about $150 for mill and refinish though a non MOS gun is slightly cheaper. Plus the cost of the “Bird and the Word” engraving.

Your $1050 MOS requires an aftermarket plate so add $50 to $75 plus $50 for BUIS. So say $1150 plus the Bird and as the Word engraving.

I’d say $1275 is not out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The GSP version is a direct mill so about $150 for mill and refinish though a non MOS gun is slightly cheaper. Plus the cost of the “Bird and the Word” engraving.

Your $1050 MOS requires an aftermarket plate so add $50 to $75 plus $50 for BUIS. So say $1150 plus the Bird and as the Word engraving.

I’d say $1275 is not out of line.
    Not out of line, but also nothing exceptional. Other than the engraving. If I was a Gunsite guy... I could see buying one. If I'm reading things right, Glock factory milled these ones? That alone is interesting.

This is one of the reasons I don't read gun magazines anymore. To be fair it's half the writing and half the gun.

Calling the g45 a single stack

"A gun a young cop can afford."......>$1200

No light but a nice Chinese optic

2 lanyard loops. And I fucking love lanyard loops but I don't need 2.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

I know I was talking revolvers earlier but really it's just what I like better.

Realistically it would be g19s, RMRs, and either surefire x300 or streamlight TLR 7s.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't want to read through the author's expose on whether Cooper's left nut hung lower than the right.
    If you mention that on The Firing Line somebody who has Cooper's Commentaries memorized can probably tell you which one hung lower, from memory, minutes after you hit the submit button on your post.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Not out of line, but also nothing exceptional. Other than the engraving. If I was a Gunsite guy... I could see buying one. If I'm reading things right, Glock factory milled these ones? That alone is interesting.
    If I get a direct mill G 45 I’d want it for the acro footprint not the 509.

Not seeing anything about it being a factory mill. Just milled vs MOS plates.

This is clearly aimed at the “The Bird and the Word” crowd but it’s not any sort of price gouging.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-05-2023 at 07:17 PM.

User Tag List