Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought exercise -- EDC/field/training pistol for you and 50 friends

Thought exercise -- EDC/field/training pistol for you and 50 friends

So here is the exercise. Pick one pistol set-up that will cover you for EDC (concealed), for field use in all weather, and to train with. Here is the wrinkle -- that same pistol set-up needs to be suitable for the same uses as your pistol for fifty of your friends, and you need to set all the pistols up. Extra credit if the pistols are likely to run reliably out of the box and as accessorized, and you don't need to get a home equity loan to pay for each one.

This idea came about because I have been shooting a pistol the last few days that fits these criteria perfectly, and was simple enough I could set up dozens of duplicates with a minimum of fuss.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Since this is posted in the dot section..... you want OR?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Since this is posted in the dot section..... you want OR?
    That is funny as I could swear I put it in semi auto pistols -- must be one of those Freudian slips. Dive on in, even if it doesn't have a dot!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is funny as I could swear I put it in semi auto pistols -- must be one of those Freudian slips. Dive on in, even if it doesn't have a dot!
    Want this thread moved?

Or can we say Glock 19 and close it out?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

If not too loose an answer, I'd go with the user-preferred variants of the P365 and Holosun enclosed emitter red dot.

I know many would (with good reason) prefer the G19.5 w/enclosed red dot, but I, and several friends, find the G19 either a bit fat for smallish hands/stubby fingers, and/or it's tougher to conceal in much of some folks' everyday attire.

Dive on in, even if it doesn't have a dot!
    P30sk V3s would be my submission. How'd I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I personally would not trust 50 Glocks to run out of the box. But that's me.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Glock 26. SCD. Real sights - Ameriglo, Trijicon, factory night sights, whatever - something steel with glow in the dark dot(s). JMCK IWB#3 or similar from Dark Star or something. 2 each 10 round, 12 round, and 15 round magazines. Case or three of ball. 200 HSTs. Done.

How experienced are my 50 friends? I start running out of real gun folk-friends less than halfway in, and that starts changing me up real quick.

Gun friends- G19.5 or Sig Macros with either SCDs(Glocks) or thumb safties(Sigs) wearing EPS w/ TLR8ag.

Non-gun friends - LTT P30s or 92s, EPS, no light/lasers.

Absolute stranger incompetents whom I must lead- S&W Shield EZ9s, no thumb safeties, with TLR8ag.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Want this thread moved?

My very first thought. But I am biased... and wearing an RMR'd G19.5 AIWB right now.

This idea came about because I have been shooting a pistol the last few days that fits these criteria perfectly, and was simple enough I could set up dozens of duplicates with a minimum of fuss.
    Which one?

User Tag List