Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *IF* you could ask Grauffel 1 question about shooting, what would it be?

Eric's squad followed me at the WS in Thailand a month ago and we chatted a fair bit between runs. One day 1 I asked him how he felt, and he said "nervous, I'm always nervous for the first stage". I was blown away by that, I'd expected him to be well past that, but he said it's what keeps him going too.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Eric's squad followed me at the WS in Thailand a month ago and we chatted a fair bit between runs. One day 1 I asked him how he felt, and he said "nervous, I'm always nervous for the first stage". I was blown away by that, I'd expected him to be well past that, but he said it's what keeps him going too.
    Boss! Haven't seen you on the 'net in a bit. Glad to hear from you.

Excited - just a few days before I take a class with Eric...

Time to load.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I’m no Grauffel by any means, but I am reasonably well known within my very specific lane- and in hundreds of seminars I have done in 30 countries around the world in the past three decades, the question of “how do I succeed” (win a world championship or Olympic Games, make a National Team, or whatever one’s metric for success may be) ALWAYS comes up, and it’s the exact same answer, no matter the sport.

Do the work.

(In Olympic archery with 50# recurve bows, the “work” is an average of 300-450 quality shots a day, six days a week, and a good mental and PT program. For starters.)

Grauffel outlined his training plan on one of the recent podcasts. Two months before a match, 500 rounds a day. Ramping up to a thousand with a month to go, and 2000-2500 rounds per day in the last 15 days before an event.

All live fire.

The hard truth is that 99.95% of the people who think they want these achievements will never put the work in to get there.
    My first thought on hearing that is that I'm impressed he can do that routine without tendinitis or other overuse injuries. I know Gaston Vallerga who was also at the WS was basically fighting forearm injuries the whole match which I imagine had to hamper his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Boss! Haven't seen you on the 'net in a bit. Glad to hear from you.

Excited - just a few days before I take a class with Eric...

Time to load.
    Where you taking the course?????? How many days, how many people on it?

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    My first thought on hearing that is that I'm impressed he can do that routine without tendinitis or other overuse injuries. I know Gaston Vallerga who was also at the WS was basically fighting forearm injuries the whole match which I imagine had to hamper his performance.
    This. With his live fire schedule, how the hell does he stay injury free?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    I'm fighting through some tendon issues myself - mostly from Gi-grips in jiujitsu - took a few days off and it is better. Stretching really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Where you taking the course?????? How many days, how many people on it?
    Ruskin, FL. He's doing 2, 2-day classes. Both are stacked with a bunch of solid shooters.

Ruskin, FL. He's doing 2, 2-day classes. Both are stacked with a bunch of solid shooters.
    I change my previous submission for "one question to Grauffel" to "how does one find out in advance about your classes in the US".
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I change my previous submission for "one question to Grauffel" to "how does one find out in advance about your classes in the US".
    Someone (not I) was coordinating the class/reg/etc for this one. I was invited...

Someone (not I) was coordinating the class/reg/etc for this one. I was invited...
    the gf and I are hoping to do a 2 day private with Eric and then a 1 day with Ljubisa in March after IWA.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List