Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *IF* you could ask Grauffel 1 question about shooting, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    How do you keep your hair so well manicured while shredding targets?
    A hat.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    "If I buy a new pistol exactly like yours, I should be able to shoot as well as you within a week or so, right?"

I think it would be interesting just to observe his reaction to the question and how he would answer it.
    Never Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    That’s dedicated!
    Professionals like him are almost like wizards to me; I am in awe of their work, talent and performance.

My legitimate question: suggested dry practice routine(s), and how(if) he confirms with live fire…?
    (Yeah, I know-2 questions)
    You should watch/listen to the Firearms Nation podcast with Arik Levy interviewing him. He talks a bit about this.

How do I pull the trigger at speed without moving the sight alignment?
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    My wife was on the Olympic Team. Before any major competitions (National events, World Cups, and so on) she would try to save energy to the point that she would count her steps a couple days before the event making sure she stayed rested as much as possible. Sleep deprivation is what personally affects my performance the most.
    #sleepisaperformanceenhancingdrug

I’m no Grauffel by any means, but I am reasonably well known within my very specific lane- and in hundreds of seminars I have done in 30 countries around the world in the past three decades, the question of “how do I succeed” (win a world championship or Olympic Games, make a National Team, or whatever one’s metric for success may be) ALWAYS comes up, and it’s the exact same answer, no matter the sport.

Do the work.

(In Olympic archery with 50# recurve bows, the “work” is an average of 300-450 quality shots a day, six days a week, and a good mental and PT program. For starters.)

Grauffel outlined his training plan on one of the recent podcasts. Two months before a match, 500 rounds a day. Ramping up to a thousand with a month to go, and 2000-2500 rounds per day in the last 15 days before an event.

All live fire.

The hard truth is that 99.95% of the people who think they want these achievements will never put the work in to get there.

Do french chicks dig splits?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    “how do I succeed” (win a world championship or Olympic Games, make a National Team, or whatever one’s metric for success may be) ALWAYS comes up, and it’s the exact same answer, no matter the sport.

Do the work.

The hard truth is that 99.95% of the people who think they want these achievements will never put the work in to get there.
    I love this so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    Do french chicks dig splits?
    oui

I mean, he's got kids, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    oui

I mean, he's got kids, right?
    Mais oui, bien sur!

User Tag List