Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *IF* you could ask Grauffel 1 question about shooting, what would it be?

*IF* you could ask Grauffel 1 question about shooting, what would it be?

IF you could ask Eric Grauffel 1 question about shooting, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    How do you keep your hair so well manicured while shredding targets?

"If I buy a new pistol exactly like yours, I should be able to shoot as well as you within a week or so, right?"

I think it would be interesting just to observe his reaction to the question and how he would answer it.

Timely, as my wife and I watched an interview with him today. I was impressed how he practiced at 2am to get ready for the time difference at the World Shoot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That’s dedicated!
    Professionals like him are almost like wizards to me; I am in awe of their work, talent and performance.

My legitimate question: suggested dry practice routine(s), and how(if) he confirms with live fire…?
    (Yeah, I know-2 questions)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Timely, as my wife and I watched an interview with him today. I was impressed how he practiced at 2am to get ready for the time difference at the World Shoot.
    When I was a competitive archer on the US National Team, before any major events, I would shift my schedule to the local time of the competition location by up to two hours a day until I matched the local time of the event. This could take up to a week for competitions in places like Japan. I spent two weeks in the Central European time zone while still at home before competing in the World Games in Germany.

It always paid off for me.

The downside is that particularly for events in the far east, it would often take two weeks to normalize upon return home. I still have that problem. I got back from an event in Taiwan two weeks ago, and I'm still waking up between 2 and 4 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    When I was a competitive archer on the US National Team, before any major events, I would shift my schedule to the local time of the competition location by up to two hours a day until I matched the local time of the event. This could take up to a week for competitions in places like Japan. I spent two weeks in the Central European time zone while still at home before competing in the World Games in Germany.

It always paid off for me.

The downside is that particularly for events in the far east, it would often take two weeks to normalize upon return home. I still have that problem. I got back from an event in Taiwan two weeks ago, and I'm still waking up between 2 and 4 AM.
    An easy rule of thumb is one day for every hour of time change. Not that there's much you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I want to know what tips he has for staying relaxed while moving at the limits of human performance.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

How to develop an accurate system of self-diagnosis.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

My wife was on the Olympic Team. Before any major competitions (National events, World Cups, and so on) she would try to save energy to the point that she would count her steps a couple days before the event making sure she stayed rested as much as possible. Sleep deprivation is what personally affects my performance the most.

User Tag List