Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A new 92--It is SAO

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    LTT releasing the much lower profile EPS cut is what finally got me to try a 92:

Attachment 99437
    Yes, that looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    Just look at it!

It will be great to see this at the local local store. I wonder when they will appear?
    I don't know the ETA to LGSs, but we had already started building inventory before the new year. If you really want to see them locally, make sure to tell your local shop. Some of our buyers have a tendency to sticking to just reordering the SKUs they know about like the standard commercial M9 or 92F, and that's it.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

It's a beauty and a very, very smart move with the 2011/similar wave going on.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A problem with the 92 is the tight magwell making reloads harder and LO supposedly allows a magwell.
    You could always grind it down...

http://instagram.com/p/BPwjp15g90H/

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    There are some examples floating around the internet of people who have cut a Langdon RDO slide to accommodate the 92X performance safety so it might be possible.

Beretta needs to release a SKU of this gun with Toni systems plates and factory co-witness RDO sights.
    You mean like this?

http://instagram.com/p/Cb3oidKL64q/

"SAO"

LOL

Like an SA trigger can do anything else.

Beretta apparently felt compelled to add "Only" so the stupid can understand.

Jeff Cooper would be turning in his grave if someone referred to a 1911 as "SAO".

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    "SAO"

LOL

Like an SA trigger can do anything else.

Beretta apparently felt compelled to add "Only" so the stupid can understand.

Jeff Cooper would be turning in his grave if someone referred to a 1911 as "SAO".
    Pretty sure they call it that because a DA/SA gun can be shot SA. Sig does the same for its guns that only shoot in SA mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The only coversion grip I have handled is the one that came with the M9A3. I was not impressed. Then again I am spoiled with G10 grips - it would have been fine for the troops.
    I have these on my M9A3 and am very happy. The rubberized were fine for target shooting but catch clothing for concealment.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-ac...und-g10-grips/

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Pretty sure they call it that because a DA/SA gun can be shot SA. Sig does the same for its guns that only shoot in SA mode.
    "DA/SA" was invented for those that can't understand how the "DA" trigger mechanism on an automatic pistol functions. "DA/SA" refers to trigger mode, not the type of trigger mechanism ("DA").

"SAO" and "DA/SA" are terminology for the firearms illiterate.

I can’t believe no one has noticed the Roman numeral play on words in the name of the pistol.
    92XI is 9211 (as in 1911 with the SAO and frame safety).

User Tag List