Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A new 92--It is SAO

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I thought everything 92 that did not have Beretta's rdo cut could already get the Langdon cut before? I.e. the 92fs, 92a1 could get the original Langdon cut. Sounds like this is a new cut to go from Beretta rdo to Langdon rdo.
    No - the deck height of various Beretta slides are different. Believe the earlier version was limited to Vertec slides (92X, M9A3, LTT Elite) and the 92A1. Brigadiers were not available. Also I don’t believe the internal parts had been developed to support the D or SAO guns. But agreed that the Beretta RDO cut is no longer an impediment. Options are good!
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I swore I wasn't going to buy another gun. I've got several 92's, I don't need another. But I'm wondering how this with a trigger job, would compare to a Staccato. At half the cost.

I purchased a compact from a forum member, and I believe that the slide's going to LTT to mimic the Centurion slide. The dual illumination RMR I chose is a love hate relationship;
    Love the no battery/low light part, hate the flaring in bright sun. Found that a paster placed upon the top of the light collector does a good job of reducing the flare of bright sun.

Have the RMRcc on the 1911...like it, but have to rely on a battery. Such struggles in life.

The candidate.

Here's the Compact, wearing the Centurion slide.

"... And miles to go before I sleep".

Based on a non-scientific study of one, I was very shocked by how shitty the trigger was. Gritty, stagey, and heavy - nothing clean or crisp about it. I'd be pissed if I had ordered it.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

92X backup sights

Name:  IMG_0268.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  28.7 KB

Saw this on social media this morning, appears to be factory back up irons suitable for 92x Red Dot mounting at the NRA show Beretta booth.

Ben Stoeger just posted on IG about 92X cracked barrels @20k rounds. First I’d heard of it. Granted, I don’t keep up with 92 stuff as much anymore.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrCd82oL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Ben Stoeger just posted on IG about 92X cracked barrels @20k rounds. First I’d heard of it. Granted, I don’t keep up with 92 stuff as much anymore.

Saw that the other day. He loves stirring the pot, I’m surprised he never had issues with that when he was shooting elite IIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Saw that the other day. He loves stirring the pot, I’m surprised he never had issues with that when he was shooting elite IIs.
    There's a thread on beretta forum that anyother member has the same issue.

https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=154087
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Elite IIs were made 15+ years ago, and at a different plant. I’m unaware of any issues (up until now), just pointing out a lot has changed since then. That said, happy to still have a couple.

Weird shit. Andreas is a good dude, I think his beef is legit. Someone is making a noise out of him running a 9 lbs recoil spring but I thought that was a preferred setup for strong B92 shooters. @Les Pepperoni
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List