Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: A new 92--It is SAO

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    God dang is there any gun other than a 1911 that can rock a two-tone look as well as a Beretta does? That looks amazing and so does the LTT stainless barrel, black slide look. I might shoot Glocks mostly these days but nothing will ever touch how good a Beretta looks in my eyes.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    God dang is there any gun other than a 1911 that can rock a two-tone look as well as a Beretta does? That looks amazing and so does the LTT stainless barrel, black slide look. I might shoot Glocks mostly these days but nothing will ever touch how good a Beretta looks in my eyes.
    A contender:
    Name:  Hipower 1.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  101.5 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I know. I can hardly stand not shooting it. I知 recovering from knee replacement. I sent my son out to shoot it. I値l let you know how it goes. He痴 a real good shooter. This is incentive for fast healing!

Name:  IMG_3913.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  34.7 KB One more for the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    Name:  IMG_3913.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  34.7 KB One more for the road.
    And it shoots flat with pretty quick follow up shots for me. I知 leaving it stock. The trigger is good even though it has more initial travel than I hoped for. I may send it in to LTT for trigger work. I知 going to shoot it more as it is. I like the grip angle on this better than the 92FS. I値l keep this one. I want to find some sweet wood grips. I wish Beretta would sell the grips that are on the launch version.

Anyone notice the 92XI Tactical out in the wild lately? Same fullsize 92XI but now with the two-tone reversed, slide black and frame+barrel gray.

Barrel is also threaded like M9A3/4, sights already raised for use with the Beretta dovetail optic plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Anyone notice the 92XI Tactical out in the wild lately? Same fullsize 92XI but now with the two-tone reversed, slide black and frame+barrel gray.

Barrel is also threaded like M9A3/4, sights already raised for use with the Beretta dovetail optic plates.
    I had not - thanks for highlighting. Well, that's interesting...I'd like to see a LTT version of the 92XI (M9A1 style frame and Elite two tone).

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Hmm. I'll have to look at trading my silver slide for someone's black. Though I have no need for the suppressor height sights.

I am a big Beretta fan and really wanted to scratch a longtime itch for a nice non-1911 single action semi-auto.
    But I held a new 92XI in person at a local shop and was really underwhelmed. Nothing about it was particularly nice. The trigger was gritty/bad and the slide finish looked like it was applied with a trowel (unevenly in spots). If I had held one that looked like the one earlier in this thread, i would have come home with it. From a user standpoint, everything seemed to feel and function fine. I was not thrilled with the thumb safety design. It worked fine but felt kind of like an afterthought and jutted out pretty far. But I left the gun at the shop.
    The story has a happy ending though. I live a few miles away from the Sig pro shop, and even though I知 not the biggest fan of their guns, I checked out the Legion P226 SAO. I know it is apples and oranges for pricing, but I used a 15% student discount (from having taken classes at Sig) and walked out with a great shooter. The only gun I have ever owned that shot this accurately out of the box is my Walther Q4 SF.
    Name:  IMG_2917.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  101.6 KB

For my 9mm single action needs, the P226 Legion SAO is my top choice as well. Great gun overall.

User Tag List