Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Half-cock @ start for TDA guns

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    Unfortunately the rulebook is very specific about this in the Special Conditions in App D4 and D7. One of the 2022/2023 RB proposed changes was to clarify when only lowering your DASA gun to half-cock (if not equipped with a decocker) would get you bumped to Open.
    OMG...does anyone know if this has been brought to the attention to the organization's HQ, along with the owner's manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    OMG...does anyone know if this has been brought to the attention to the organization's HQ, along with the owner's manual?
    Yes, it has.

Which is why I started this thread. If you feel like DA/SA guns should be allowed to be placed into the half-cock position at Make Ready, email your AD or the entire Board (Board@uspsa.org).

Yes, it has.

Which is why I started this thread. If you feel like DA/SA guns should be allowed to be placed into the half-cock position at Make Ready, email your AD or the entire Board (Board@uspsa.org).
    Especially since it would have absolutely prevented the New York USPSA RO death when the Shadow 2 was dropped on its hammer, would make a compelling argument for safety over any niggling competitive concerns.

Yes, it has.

I wonder if organizing a petition with multiple signatories would make a bigger impact than isolated letters coming in at random times.

I also wonder if this new LOCO division would mandate a full decock on DA/SA guns since they supposedly would allow all and any action. I mean, I wouldn't have to decock a Shadow 2 at all provided I engage the thumb safety; why would the care then if I decocked fully or half way.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I wonder if organizing a petition with multiple signatories would make a bigger impact than isolated letters coming in at random times.
    Alternatively, what if one of these manufacturers issued a statement declaring that carrying a fully decocked gun is not a safe or recommended carry mode? USPSA might be obligated to revisit the rule.

On a Beretta M9A1 (decock only version) and a 92X Defensive (no decocker), half cock or fully decocked makes absolutely no difference in the DA pull weight w/ my Lyman gauge. The trigger starts at the same position in both, but w/ half cock, there is maybe 1/4 inch of very light pretravel (trigger return spring only) before the trigger engages the hammer and starts to move it.

My thoughts are in agreement with the OP for safety reasons. Especially if the gun was designed to use half cock as a carry method.

However would it then become possible for an aftermarket hammer to be designed and implemented for a half-cock notch to hold the hammer back [I]just a little bit[I][I] closer to full cock? How would the rules be written to protect against this yet still allow current race hammers?

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo_sammiches View Post
    My thoughts are in agreement with the OP for safety reasons. Especially if the gun was designed to use half cock as a carry method.

However would it then become possible for an aftermarket hammer to be designed and implemented for a half-cock notch to hold the hammer back [I]just a little bit[I][I] closer to full cock? How would the rules be written to protect against this yet still allow current race hammers?
    Concerns for aftermarket hammers is actually the reason why people argued against changing to half cock decocking. It would've been only a matter of time when hammers were developed to keep the half cock way closer to a fully cocked position. Gamers gonna game, and USPSA went on the record with their no expectations of ROs being able to recognize aftermarket parts and enforce the rules. How IPSC is able to do that is a mystery.

Anyway, I wrote an email to the board.

hahaha IPSC has the same issue with knowing what is OEM and what is AM and has since Production was first introduced. The latest stupidity just before the WS over grips was a clear reminder of just how out of touch the brass are with those who actually shoot.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    hahaha IPSC has the same issue with knowing what is OEM and what is AM and has since Production was first introduced. The latest stupidity just before the WS over grips was a clear reminder of just how out of touch the brass are with those who actually shoot.
    I saw that; they walked that back at the last moment, right?

User Tag List