Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well - yesterday didn’t go as expected.

My condolences, @BWT.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Second, if you’re in your 30’s have your affairs and wishes documented. My Dad did an exceptional job in some ways and it’s made me aware of things I need to do in others. Just out of consideration save your loved ones this headache as they are trying to come to terms with losing you.
    Second this - when my grandmother passed she did this. Having a written plan was extremely helpful. Even if it's the only thing to do (it won't be), the decisions on how to plan such an event are the kind that people agonize over if only to make sure it's done correctly. Taking the guesswork out of the "is [decision] the right answer" questions is exactly what the situation needs.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

My condolences. The story interested me as a couple of weeks ago I took my father to the dental surgeon to remove some teeth that were infected along with his jaw. The culprit was the now long past radiation he had to treat his cancer. We are thankful that he made it through the very bad cancer experience and got to spend so far over 15 more years with my mom, us 7 kids and multiple grandchildren and great grandchildren, but the treatments he had to do are the gift that keeps on giving and not in a good way. I try to take your advice and talk to him and my mom every day whether it is just for a minute and not even something important.

My condolences.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

My sincere condolences on your loss.

Sincerest condolences for your loss; been through it and it's hard.

Re the officer who found your dad, you might want to send a note to the chief of the department expressing your appreciation. We have had occasion to do that here, twice, and both times received quick replies from the chief thanking us for taking the time to write and noting that a copy of our letter would be included in the officers file.

Condolences, Brandon.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine the way you're hurting but it sounds like there was love between you and your father and that is a blessing.

My prayers for you and yours.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Unrelated… is there a way to get into an iPhone? I know years ago basically an MDM managed iPhone could remove the screen code but other then that you were hosed short of erasing the phone.
    This is a new thing that they’ve started rolling out. It won’t help you in this situation but for general knowledge and for the future:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212360

Guys, if you still have your parents take some time to tell them what they mean to you and express some gratitude. I’d say perhaps consider that for all family members. I can’t tell you how sorely I wish I had the chance to have one more conversation with my Dad in the last two days. I was on great terms with my Dad at the end of his life as well… I just can’t shake that desire.
    My condolences on your loss. You seem to have maintained a loving relationship with your dad, something that surely meant a great deal to him.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My condolences. Losing a parent is difficult, it's losing part of your history.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List