Thread: "THE GUN SHOP" - David Van Horn in Gilbert, AZ?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

"THE GUN SHOP" - David Van Horn in Gilbert, AZ?

Any of our Arizona folks have experience with this guy?

http://dvhcustomguns.com/page1

I've had a custom Contender barrel in the back of my mind for a couple years. One has come up for sale that matches my specs. He built it. Looks like a good shop based on the site, just looking for some experiences before I throw down cash.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Any of our Arizona folks have experience with this guy?

http://dvhcustomguns.com/page1

I've had a custom Contender barrel in the back of my mind for a couple years. One has come up for sale that matches my specs. He built it. Looks like a good shop based on the site, just looking for some experiences before I throw down cash.
    I don't know anything about his barrels but the full stocked contender barrel he has on his page looks divine. What caliber are you looking at? I love contenders!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I don't know anything about his barrels but the full stocked contender barrel he has on his page looks divine. What caliber are you looking at? I love contenders!
    There's a 21-inch .30-30 AI with a moderate taper. Exactly what I've been thinking of for a couple years. Peak .30-30 and peak Contender deer gun in the same package. Barnes 120gr TAC-TX bullets.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

That is definitely a classic contender round.

I have a couple of rifles Dave worked on and my father had a custom 284 that he built. Everything is top notch. Dave was great to do business with.

User Tag List