Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun with Overrated Cartridges

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post

It’s funny to me that Audie Murphy carried “his” .30 Carbine in WWII. He fixed the stock after it was broken and kept carrying it. He kept carrying it until he loaned it to a Sergeant and it was lost in a real estate deal. Weird how he never thought it was an overrated cartridge.
    There's a bit more to the Audie Murphy carbine story. Seems it wasn't actually lost.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/opinion...8b3a6c149.html

Photo purportedly of his artifact display, including the carbine in question, and a uniform.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Didn’t Outdoor Life and Field and Steam jump on the “no one needs an AR-15” bandwagon a few years back?
    Where do these magazines find these editors. Seems their ability to write far out weighs their ability to write intelligently about a subject that an outdoor mag like Field and Stream might focus on, like popular rifle and pistol cartridges. That's about the worst BS I've ever read.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ted Nugent is a degenerate whacko and not much of an “endorsement.”
    That was sorta my point. Though Ted is ostensibly more on "or side" than the "Fudd" side... Zumbo was still grasping at straws and trying to stay relevant. Maybe my gut feeling is wrong, but I wouldn't trust Zumbo, no matter what courses he went to after, or who he hung out with to try to regain some "cred" ...

Bite the hand that feeds and all that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    That was sorta my point. Though Ted is ostensibly more on "or side" than the "Fudd" side... Zumbo was still grasping at straws and trying to stay relevant. Maybe my gut feeling is wrong, but I wouldn't trust Zumbo, no matter what courses he went to after, or who he hung out with to try to regain some "cred" ...

Bite the hand that feeds and all that.
    I don’t doubt Zumbo’s actions were merely pro forma.

The idea of any association with TN makes me want to take a shower in bleach and so have a pretty high ick tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I stopped at the byline. Petzel has always been an ass.
    I’ve known Dave Petzal for more than 30 years. I’ve got to disagree with you on that.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    There's a bit more to the Audie Murphy carbine story. Seems it wasn't actually lost.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/opinion...8b3a6c149.html

Photo purportedly of his artifact display, including the carbine in question, and a uniform.
    Nice I’d just read a story it was lost. It’s cool to see it wasn’t.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

“Unlike the .45 ACP, which can be shot very quickly and very accurately, the 10mm can’t.”

I don’t think I believe this statement.

Site Supporter
    TX sightings:

1. Went to the funeral of a dear friend out in the boonies in TX. Stopped at BBQ joint in small town on the way. Two lawmen came in boots and cowboy hats. One had a Glock, the other a chromed 1911.

2. Went to a Karl Rehn hosting Insights class many years ago. We had a group BBQ dinner in Smithville. All of us in shoot me vests, tactical pants, etc. A local law comes in with a nice big belly and chromed SAA and a big old buckled belt with rounds all around.

3. Went to the Boardwalk Bistro in San Antonio. Four nicely dressed middle aged women came in with gold badges and Glocks on their belts as they chowed down on upscale food. Glocks and Cops doing lunch!

User Tag List